Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Depends Experiences

Default Depends Experiences

Hello everyone. A few days ago I posted about my purchase of some depends refastenable underwear, and now I am posting about my experiences with using them.

Considering how poorly they stack up next to other diapers in the AB/DL community, I was surprised by how much they held. It depends on your definition of a full wetting, but here's my interperatation of its capacity. If half of a bladder full is when you start to feel the need to go, then for my bladder, the diaper held about a full bladder to a bladder and a half, which was much more than I expected given the reviews I read, but maybe I just don't have a very big bladder or don't have a standard of comparison (i.e. experience with Abena.)

It wasn't a new experience for me as I had several months prior used some Certainty brandpull ups and Assurance fitted briefs that I had taken from a relative's house (I didn't steal them; the relative died and the family was told to take whatever they wanted and that anything remaining would be either thrown in the trash or given to charity, as the house had to be market ready to sell within a month) and while the depends aren't as good as the Assurance briefs, I was satisfied with them.

I liked them so much that I have actually been wearing them 24/7 just to use them all up. I go through four or five in a day and then just through them out. I have even worn them to class, which was exciting and wonderfiully convinient. They were quite discreet, too.

It is important that when I use one, I use as many as I can the same day so that I can throw four or five into the dormitory dumpster without wasting garbage bags.

All in all, using them is turning out to be a better experience than even I could have guessed, being a long time DL with many fantasies wondering if actually using them would live up to them, but as the saying goes, I'm livin' the dream!

They leak a lot and it is very rare for you to have one that does not leak. That is my $0.02

Sure, they are better then nothing

But there are options that are ALOT better out there

I know that there are better out there. That's why I'm so excited. If the depends were relativly good for me, just imagine how much better abena will be by comparison!

They are certainly better than Meijer brand diapers. Awful stuff.

Anybody know any retail stores that carry Molicare or Abena or some other good brand? I can't order them online without someone finding out, so I need to buy them direct. So far I have always bought at Wal-Mart. They used to carry Assurance which were okay. Now all they carry is Depends.

Surprisingly I have pretty good luck with the relatively new Depends pull-ups in colors. For some reason maybe just my imagination they seem better that the old white ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Smonjith View Post
    It depends on your definition of a full wetting, but here's my interperatation of its capacity. If half of a bladder full is when you start to feel the need to go, then for my bladder, the diaper held about a full bladder to a bladder and a half, which was much more than I expected given the reviews I read, but maybe I just don't have a very big bladder or don't have a standard of comparison (i.e. experience with Abena.)
    I don't know why people don't just use real numbers. Small postage scale-->weight dry-weight wet-->(and if you're like me and like playing with stats:) record and average.

For example, my comparison between small depends fitted and molicare medium with 15+ samples from each gave the following results:
    Depends fitted: ~14oz average capacity, with a maximum of 22oz and a minimum of 9oz.
    Molicare super plus: ~24 oz average capacity, with a maximum of 35oz and a minimum of 11oz.

Also, while depends don't deserve anywhere near the hate they tend to get on boards like this, you'll definitely wonder how you ever liked them after you try a premium diaper. And on that subject, I'd recommend googling for medical supply stores in your area. That's where I got the molicares I used in my testing from.

Quote Originally Posted by Smonjith View Post
    Hello everyone. A few days ago I posted about my purchase of some depends refastenable underwear, and now I am posting about my experiences with using them.

Considering how poorly they stack up next to other diapers in the AB/DL community, I was surprised by how much they held. It depends on your definition of a full wetting, but here's my interperatation of its capacity. If half of a bladder full is when you start to feel the need to go, then for my bladder, the diaper held about a full bladder to a bladder and a half, which was much more than I expected given the reviews I read, but maybe I just don't have a very big bladder or don't have a standard of comparison (i.e. experience with Abena.)

It wasn't a new experience for me as I had several months prior used some Certainty brandpull ups and Assurance fitted briefs that I had taken from a relative's house (I didn't steal them; the relative died and the family was told to take whatever they wanted and that anything remaining would be either thrown in the trash or given to charity, as the house had to be market ready to sell within a month) and while the depends aren't as good as the Assurance briefs, I was satisfied with them.

I liked them so much that I have actually been wearing them 24/7 just to use them all up. I go through four or five in a day and then just through them out. I have even worn them to class, which was exciting and wonderfiully convinient. They were quite discreet, too.

It is important that when I use one, I use as many as I can the same day so that I can throw four or five into the dormitory dumpster without wasting garbage bags.

All in all, using them is turning out to be a better experience than even I could have guessed, being a long time DL with many fantasies wondering if actually using them would live up to them, but as the saying goes, I'm livin' the dream!
    Esp with you using the underwear style I'm gonna make an assumption you aren't flooding. With that assumption in place your good fortune with them sounds about right. Sans flooding, diaper absorption can go up by quite a bit. However I'm going to concur with the rest of the group and say you're still going to be floored by a premium diaper. While you are using 4 or 5 a day I bet a dry 24/7 can take all of them in a single diaper plus some more with at least some restrained flooding.