Thread: A message to the victims of 9/11

Default A message to the victims of 9/11

Today is September 11th, 2011. Today is the 10th anniversary of the Al-Qaeda terrorist attack on the Twin Towers in New York City, as well as the Pentagon and a few other places. My heart reaches out towards those who died or who have lost family members or close friends in the attack.
    Most of us know what it's like to lose someone who's important to you. Me, myself, I lost my Aunt in the attack on the World Trade Center. But, I know I'm not the only one out there who lost a loved one of friend in the attack.
    So to the people that lost someone important to them in the attack, I want you to know that you're not alone. We all grieve together, as one nation, and that America has you in it's prayers.

R.I.P. victims of 9/11.

RIP

Im going to play taps at a ceremony tomarrow. (its still saturday here)

I'll salute the American flag and show my support to those who serve and those who died in the terrible attacks. I don't plan on doing much tomorrow other than that... maybe I'll try to find my 9/11 newspapers. I saved the front page from several of the local papers from that day including the special edition for that afternoon, with the headline- OH MY GOD!

I'll also wear my USS Nimitz ballcap as well.

WildThing121675

I'll be going to see a WTC I-beam they've brought all the way over here for a memorial. I imagine it's going to feel a bit eerie and definitely very somber.

May those 2,977 souls rest in peace.

I hope for strength and peace of mind to all those who lost someone in 9/11.
    And the victims of the attacks, may they rest in peace.

I also don't want to forget the innocent civilians killed in Afghanistan and Iraq because of 9/11 and the aftermath.

Quote Originally Posted by Maytricks View Post
    I'll be going to see a WTC I-beam they've brought all the way over here for a memorial. I imagine it's going to feel a bit eerie and definitely very somber.

May those 2,977 souls rest in peace.
    They brought one to Stockton. Outside of Stockton to the east out in the country area at some dinky little new firehouse. Clearly this memorial is so special they thought it should be placed outside of the city, not at one of the main firehouses.

::Edit:: Alright, Liden submitted a claim for the I beam and told the WTC foundation they wanted a memorial overlooking their garden.

May God rest their souls and comfort those whom they left behind.