Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Abu bmx (sizing questions only)

Default Abu bmx (sizing questions only)

I know that ABU has really taken a hit in their reputation over these diapers and they have no excuse for associating with the scum that they did. Interesting note that no one made a fuss when they also carried tiger underwear which is 10 times worse than the issues around the bmx diapers. From what I can tell however, abu has eliminated their iffy images and is trying to do right by the community.

With that said, I have always been interested in their blue with childish prints diaper. I have never bought from them for a number of reasons mostly being that they are PRICEY and I am on a tight budget. I have a little more money now than I am used to and I am interested in investing in a higher quality product.

I usually wear adult medium diapers but have also tried small and large. I have about 32 in. hips 30 in. waist and am about 127lbs. Large diapers are way too big for me and most small adult diapers don't fit at all. Tenna small (24-36" waist) fits nicely and goodnites fit quite well also. My concern is about the size range of abu bmx because their small only goes up to 30" and their large only goes down to 36". I am in between sizes and for the cost of these diapers I don't want something which is too big or too small.

Does anyone have any experience with these diapers and can explain the approximate size? Do their smalls run a bit big or do they fit similarly to goodnites or adult small underwear? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
    Last edited by HogansHeroes; 10-Sep-2011 at 21:22. Reason: removed link.

Quote Originally Posted by bambinod View Post
    I like a diaper that's good n snug around my legs, AND around my waist, and getting that kind of fit in a two tape design is very difficult - you have to consider exact position for both leg cuff and waistband at the same time when applying each tape.
    I like to think that a one-tape-per-side adult diaper could be done well, and I think the answer is to add a lot more elastic! ...which is more expensive. ...which is probably why they aren't doing it. From what I've seen of adult disposables, they're simply nowhere near as stretchy as the baby kind, relatively speaking. Just look at the (relatively) enormous elastic panels on the Huggies and Pampers tapes. Look at how the whole diaper shrivels up end-to-end when laid out flat. A good one-tape-per-side adult diaper needs that stuff.

LL

actually, if the cushies are on the smaller side they dont tend to leak as much, i can wear their large size with not too much trouble as long as i make it pretty tight it makes a great fit and dosent have the room to leak. also if youre looking at their bmx diapers i think they made them with a two tape system this time from the looks of the diaper so it might make them better than their 1 tape per side system

Some people here commenting shouldnt be because they dont know what they are talking about. Thse diapers most deffinatly have 2 tapes per side for a total of 4. Not a total of 2.

Just wanted to clear that up.

Quote Originally Posted by CarKid View Post
    Some people here commenting shouldnt be because they dont know what they are talking about. Thse diapers most deffinatly have 2 tapes per side for a total of 4. Not a total of 2.

Just wanted to clear that up.
    oops thanks, definitely my bad. I was apparently thinking of something totally different. those do have quad tapes. sorry about that.

But yes those need more elastic! I don't see any on the front, is there any on the back?

I know that they have 4 tapes, but that doesn't really help me gage the size. Has no one really tried them?

Quote Originally Posted by bambinod View Post
    But yes those need more elastic! I don't see any on the front, is there any on the back?
    It is hard to tell based on the pictures, but I'd be willing to bet there isn't. That's one thing I wish the Cushies and Super Dry Kids had. They would be so much better.

nappiboy

Quote Originally Posted by TaviMunk View Post
    I'll be happy when they make them in Medium ^^
    They look good, but like TaviMunk I will have to wait until they make medium too.