Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You thought the fap fic discipline was bad...

Default You thought the fap fic discipline was bad...

Elizabeth Escalona glued daughter's hands to wall police allege | News.com.au

A 22-YEAR-old mother is facing child abuse charges after police say she glued her toddler daughter's hands to a wall, kicked her in the stomach and beat her over a potty training issue.

Wasn't another story of potty training/abuse also out of Texas? What the hell is going on in that state anyway? Logically I know these things happen in all states, but still..... If the child is in critical condition, it doesn't sound very promising that she will survive. The article also stated that the child was 2. What did this mother think 2 year olds do? It's just so frustrating when you read articles like this. I wonder what the court system will do to the mother?

Did people suddenly lose the knowledge that infants and toddlers have trouble controlling their bladder, and need help with the initial training? It's a skill that you learn; not know from birth.

How is hitting, spanking, or punishing the child in any way ever going to help the child? It's going to destroy the child's mental health, and get nothing done.

You know I've had the theory that those of us who regress and like diapers may be like that because we had difficulty in potty training. It's so easy for parents to become exasperated with potty training, but some handle it better than others. I've wondered if the ones who say,"You want to be a big boy don't you, and not a little baby," plant that seed in us?

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    What did this mother think 2 year olds do?
    Scary part: This is her 4th kid. In all reality, she's still a kid herself.

Quote Originally Posted by WBDaddy View Post
    Scary part: This is her 4th kid. In all reality, she's still a kid herself.
    Yes, everything about it is scary, that a human being and more so, a mother, could do that to her own child. We were so over protective with our children. When they learned to drive, all we did was worry that they would be safe.

Okay, let me get this straight. Her daughter had trouble potty training, so she glued her hand to a wall...

Why? Why do people like this even exist?

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueBear View Post
    Why? Why do people like this even exist?
    Based on my observations? Welfare.

When cranking out kids becomes a career choice, people who shouldn't have (and probably wouldn't have, were it not for welfare payments) had kids wind up having them, and bad things happen as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    I've wondered if the ones who say,"You want to be a big boy don't you, and not a little baby," plant that seed in us?
    I assume this event is true. But once while potty training a babysitter put me back into a diaper. I can recall her telling me that she didn't have any clean pull-ups for me and I pretty much threw a fit while being changed. All of this when my dad wasn't able to take care of me so I was staying at my aunt's. Either way I don't think this one event caused me to be DL then later TB. I've had major up and down relationships with my dad over the course of my life and right now I really dislike him despite all the "good" things he's done for me.

The parents that say "I am supposed to be your parent, not your friend." I think are totally right. This woman, kid really (I'm still a kid and I am nearly 24 years old.) is heartless. If she disliked cleaning kids so much, she should stop having them. Which in prison, she hopefully won't be able to do.

This is extremely sad that this happened. The little girl is in a comma now, according to the article, and has "severe-life threatening head and internal injuries". This is beyond monstrous to do that to any child. For any reason... and as you guys mentioned, having 4 children? What have the other kids survived up to this point??