Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scooters

Default Scooters

So I was taking to the roommates and we decided were going to buy razor kick scooters to ride around. I guess itís not that ab/tb but it will still be loads of fun acting immature ridiní around like little kids. I am going to jump so many curbs!

Whenever I think of razor scooters I think of them being the middle ground between that strange transition of big wheel to a big kid bike. Which I guess makes me feel like a little kid.

Anyone else opt for more immature means of transportation? Riding a scooter instead of a bike, or those shoes that have wheels in them instead of walking.

Very interesting topic! Actually I had bought some new shoes to wear from a skateboarding store. They lit up in the heal, much like children's shoes! It brought me back to my childhood. =] and what makes it even nicer is that no one knows i bought them just cause they light up. :P

Me and my friend noticed the other day that all the kids around here have scooters now, its like they have made a return appearance
    I remember riding around on mine and skidding everywhere until the back wheel was almost square
    I just use my sisters one though cos im a cool big bro like that!

I ride my scooter all the time in our pool area with my younger sisters (12 and 10). It's not immature for us, just another fun alternative with wheels to riding our bikes around the property and through the woods.

alu

Scooters are a awesome form of transport i used them untill the age of 13 when i was too large for them, i have seen business people riding scooters down the road before quite a cool and funny sight.I will use any form of transport that a kid will use if i can fit in them e.g. skateboards and scooters.

If you guys think a scooter is babyish, think again. I ride an adult tricycle around town!
    It kind of looks like this one:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Torker-TriStar-Adult-Tricycle-Classic-red.jpg 
Views:	7662 
Size:	76.0 KB 
ID:	5877
    As for scooters, I enjoy riding them on occasion and so do my friends.

Scootalooo

I remember when those sorta scooters first came out, and me and this girl I knew on my street got them for
    Christmas. I used to jump off and on the curb on it and stuff.

I've had about two or three of them in my life, last one fell apart I think. Now I have roller skates, as in quads not the blade ones

It used to be really trendy for .com startup companies to provide razor scooters for their employees to scoot around the office on. Even companies like amazon.com were into it. I've seen video of Jeff Bezos from amazon scooting down the hallway.

Dolphins2011

I have a Razor Scooter in the trunk of my car right now!

Here's how I got it: just before I moved into my apartment in late July, I still lived with my parents. There was a skatepark where alot of people hung out at, and I thought it would be fun to have a scooter (I can't skate to save my life). One day while I was driving home, I noticed a Razor Scooter sitting by some tree in front of some house in the snotty, rich-person suburb I lived in. Noone appeared to be outside from what I could gather. I thought it was pretty careless to leave a scooter sitting out like that. I made a mental note, but I did nothing.

Later that same day while it was raining very hard, I had to make an errand. I noticed the scooter was still left outside in HARD POURING RAIN. And I assure you, this was a hard rain; the road was practically flooded, and I was having a hard time driving. I figured anyone who would leave something in the rain wouldn't care if it went missing. So I pulled over, got out of my car, and

I JACKED THAT FUCKING SCOOTER!

I threw it in my trunk and drove to whatever errand I had to do that day. Later, I got home and dried the scooter off. I still ride it every now and then, and it's only a little rusty. If I'm ever running really late for a college class, I fully intend on riding that scooter to save time. I haven't ridden it while diapered, but that would be fun. I might try that sometime.

Well I got back from the store and played outside in the dark for like an hour! and only one skinned my knee once

Quote Originally Posted by Catinthehat View Post
    ... Actually I had bought some new shoes to wear from a skateboarding store. They lit up in the heal, much like children's shoes! ... It brought me back to my childhood. =]
    Light up shoes rock! I donít know if I could wear them all day though, I would be looking down at my feet all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirtle View Post
    I just use my sisters one though cos im a cool big bro like that!
    LOL that's what big brothers are for

Quote Originally Posted by Francis View Post
    If you guys think a scooter is babyish, think again. I ride an adult tricycle around town!
    It kind of looks like this one:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Torker-TriStar-Adult-Tricycle-Classic-red.jpg 
Views:	7662 
Size:	76.0 KB 
ID:	5877
    As for scooters, I enjoy riding them on occasion and so do my friends.
    I think I would make the seat a basket and give people rides with that! must be a bit of a challenge riding around SF hills

Quote Originally Posted by happydl View Post
    It used to be really trendy for .com startup companies to provide razor scooters for their employees to scoot around the office on.
    Yeah I have seen this too. If I remember correctly, I thing Google did the same in their huge data centers.

---------- Post added at 04:53 ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins2011 View Post
    I JACKED THAT FUCKING SCOOTER!
    HAHAHAHAHA I read that and started laughing! *roommates look up* whats so funny.. "oh nothing..." awkward stare.