Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Damn you, irony.

Default Damn you, irony.

As none of you may know, My parents were and still are heavy smokers. My dad was formerly a 3-pack-a-day smoker, but has brought it down to 1 a day. My mother has decided to smoke only in her bedroom and outside, as I told her to do that, or im f*cking packing. Now, when your parents smoke around you for most of your life, you tend to inhale alot of it. Since Im forced to be around my parents when they smoke, The air has no more second-hand. The ironic part? Im having mutherf*cking withdrawl symptoms. Also: Hooray for first thread.

Wait why are you having withdrawal symptoms? I know what you mean about smoking around you. Part of the reason I quit was because of my siblings, it went down from 3 smokers, to 2 now. I get quite ticked off at my mom, while she has the right to smoke in her house, it really does bother me that she knows I quit (7 weeks now yey! ^.^) and she still insists on smoking around me.

I once had a teacher ask me, in gr.8, if I smoked. Of course I didn't! But thats how badly I smelt of smoke from my mom.

As for ever craving it, not a chance. Not until I started - at least.

You might be suffering psychosomatic symptoms.

This is to say : If someone is not too knowledgeable on a subject, or even subconsciously wants or expects an ill, it happens.

What I suggest to you is try to put the idea that its an as said before symptom (even if it might not be, I don't exclude anything.) and the effects within 3 days will be hopefully reversed, and you won't feel withdrawal.

As for Mandi, congrats on quitting.

Sorry if it as a bit incomprehensible, I'll try to smooth it out.

If you subconsciously believe that you will get withdrawal symptoms by not getting second hand smoke, then it will actually happen. It's a bit like the placebo effect.

So, if you tell yourself (through affirmation) that these feelings of withdrawal are merely psychosomatic, it will be easier to rid of them, as you will have made yourself understand or believe it's all in the mind.

Of course, it might not be the case, but I'm putting a high bet that it is.

I think that smoking around your sons is a very bad way to behave as a parent, since this way you're simply intoxicating them. It's irrespectful, to say the least. My dad has always been a hevay smoker (reduced a lot after a surgery some years ago), but NEVER smoked inside the house. I even succeeded in stopping him smoke inside the car.

I have a couple of friends I sometimes visit, and they are very heavy smokers (3 packets total in a day, or so), and everytime I come back from having been some days with them I notice that my nose can't smell anymore, and all my clothes stink of cigarette smoke. That's horrible!

You think you got it bad? My mom smoked while she was pregnant with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandi View Post
    Wait why are you having withdrawal symptoms? I know what you mean about smoking around you. Part of the reason I quit was because of my siblings, it went down from 3 smokers, to 2 now. I get quite ticked off at my mom, while she has the right to smoke in her house, it really does bother me that she knows I quit (7 weeks now yey! ^.^) and she still insists on smoking around me.

I once had a teacher ask me, in gr.8, if I smoked. Of course I didn't! But thats how badly I smelt of smoke from my mom.

As for ever craving it, not a chance. Not until I started - at least.
    I recall some sleepy head telling me "I want a cigarette so bad.." at like 5 am her time when we were talking on Skype. Anyways I am glad you aren't smoking anymore Mandi. Its a total waste of money. Also coming back from my moms all my crap smells like smoke even my PC and Ipod.

Quote Originally Posted by quattrus View Post
    I think that smoking around your sons is a very bad way to behave as a parent, since this way you're simply intoxicating them. It's irrespectful, to say the least. My dad has always been a hevay smoker (reduced a lot after a surgery some years ago), but NEVER smoked inside the house. I even succeeded in stopping him smoke inside the car.

I have a couple of friends I sometimes visit, and they are very heavy smokers (3 packets total in a day, or so), and everytime I come back from having been some days with them I notice that my nose can't smell anymore, and all my clothes stink of cigarette smoke. That's horrible!
    How could you smell the smoke on you if you couldn't smell. My thing is that if someone wants cancer or other smoking related problems that's their thing but if I am walking down the street and someone is blowing smoke that is getting to me I'll tell them to put it out and if they don't, which has never happened, I would do it for them with my fist.

I have smoked pot and I recently quit I'm not ashamed of it at all. I'm an atheist open-minded person
    The above is a quote from your blog.

''*Someone lights up a cigarette at a safe 10 meter distance*''

''Get out of here! You filthy smoker! You damn nicotine head! I'll punch you if you don't put it out and scram!''

Okay, open minded friend of mine.

Also, pot messes with peoples heads up more than almost anything. Cigarettes are bad, but don't mess with your head. Only hard drugs are worse than Pot. All drugs are bad, mkay?

Disclaimer : I do not condone the use of Marijuana, Pot, or Cannabis related drugs. If anything, I am for it's legalization, even though I am not a user.

However, I consider it absurd for someone who previously smoked pot and considers himself an open minded person (not to mention the peace loving signature, and the new age hippie self proclamation in a blog) to resort to violence against users something that is less of a mental screw up than Cannabis.

Stating that you are not afraid to be violent against people in forums does not make you macho, Dave.

Especially on a diaper forum.

Thank you, and my apologies for the mild sarcasm.