Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just Broke My iPod!!!

Default Just Broke My iPod!!!

Ahh, I'm so pissed. I've had it for about 2 years now with no problems whatsoever. I use it EVERY SINGLE DAY. I dropped it (it was in a case) and the now you cant see anything on the screen. it's just a blur of blue and red.

anyone have any ideas???

Is it still under warrenty? If so you may be able to get it fixed!! I would contact Apple & se what they suggest!!

Yeah, as Icey said, contact Apple and see what they can do, otherwise I wouldn't know what to say.

Try what dipered4lyfe said if resetting doesn't help then go to the apple website and check out there message board and see if you can find anything on it there that's how I fixed mine. Other than that I'm not really sure.

Wait holding menu reboots? I don't know if this applies to my old Nano, but when I selected a song I had just put on there, only this year, it would freeze, and Mac Fanboys say they don't crash.

stanfordhawks

it sounds like the layers of glass were jammed too close together on impact.

apple will not do shit for you if you call because you probably do not have applecare.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

here is the link for the genius bar at an apple store. this is the only way to get hands on help. you have to make an appointment and they will spend as much time as you need with you.

if you have any questions feel free to contact me on aim or my e-mail. they are on my profile.

ya know that happened to me for a while actually i couldnt scroll down the screen it would spazz out the only thing that was out if norm to me i was out of town for a month so i had an adapter to charge i with the wall. then one day i tried it and it stopped *shrugs* good luck with that

Physically dropped and it's well over the included 1 year warranty? Yeah, sorry, what stanfordhawks said...Apple isn't going to do anything. If you're feeling ambitious, you could ebay for the same ipod with a different problem and swap screens. I did that with my old nano and it fixed it...

I have an old 40gb ipod that was given to me because it has hard drive problems. Sometimes when you turn it on you'll hear a *click-click-click-click* until you hit it on the side, and the hard drive will unstick and start working Amazingly it this solution has worked for the past 2 years...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Alex View Post
    Wait holding menu reboots? I don't know if this applies to my old Nano, but when I selected a song I had just put on there, only this year, it would freeze, and Mac Fanboys say they don't crash.
    You have to hold down both the center and Menu buttons for about ten seconds. Just holding Menu takes you back to the main menu.