Thread: Need some advice

Default Need some advice

So I've been feeling like crying lately, mostly at night. I just feel like something is wrong but I don't know what.
    But today, I we dirtbiking with two friends, and I pulled up behind him. Well he dicided to rev his motor to spew smoke in my face, but he didn't just do it once, he did it non stop for like 20 seconds. Man he pissed me off!
    Well after riding some more he asked why I was mad?!?! Really! Well i told him why, (kinda obvious!) And instead of just him sayin my bad didn't mean to make you mad, he say "well if you just want to ride home you can" well I'm noe furious!
    When I got home I didn't speak to him, and he kept making jokes about him shooting exaust in my face, even after I say "I'm sorry for getting soo angry, I just didn't like you doing that even when I said stop" well he didn't even apologize after that, just said more jokes about it. Now I feel just upset all day, and as I said feel like crying. I'm not sure why. And was I over reacting? Well thanks for reading all this if you did. =)

My guess is you haven't cried in a while sometimes if you haven't cried over a long period of time the body tends to respond in this way. And it's okay to be mad, especially when you have the right to be what he did was wrong and he should have apologiesed.

I had something very similar happen to me at one time. I thought i was going thru 'man'-apause or something. LOL.

But in reality what was going on was something very stressful and traumatic had recently happened, an instead of dealing with that situation, i was letting out emotions at other situations in inappropriate proportions. as it was explained to me (by NightFox), that i was releasing emotions in proxy to what really needed to be dealt with. Until i managed to get over the original event, i seemed to have the strangest emotions to regular things.

I dunno if this is your situation... but it was right on for me and might be what you are going thru.

Here was the original thread.

I'm not sure what the tramatic event would have been.... I might have pushed it back in my head and forgot. Thanks for helping I really appreciate it. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Littlejustin View Post
    I'm not sure what the tramatic event would have been.... I might have pushed it back in my head and forgot. Thanks for helping I really appreciate it. =)
    Like i said... that may not be what is bothering you, *shrugs*, but it helped me out a lot.

just want to say that your 'friend' may just be too immature to properly apologize. he may see apologizing as a sign of weakness and may even go over the top in his efforts to save his own face, particularly in front of others (like being really obnoxious and scathing about your plight).

i've been on both sides of the coin; not a lot you can do about him, except avoid him until he, or you, has grown up a bit (like, he may need to soften up a bit and you may need to harden up a bit - i wasn't there, so don't know, but it's something to think about). anyway, it all takes time.

Honestly... I don't think you're over-reacting at all.

Some people are just jerks. I know it might not be easy finding a whole new set of friends, but if you're friends are like that, you might want to consider it.

I wish I could find new friends here. But everyone in Reno are a-holes. I don't know what it is about them. And yeah he does alway try to "be roughy" all the time. Get annoying!