Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone ordered from incontrol.ca before?

Default Has anyone ordered from incontrol.ca before?

I've discovered that there's a business in Toronto which sells a variety of diapers (including something packaged to appear ABDL-specific), however I'm having my serious doubts about handing over payment information to them.

Incontrol.ca appeared to have a pretty legit webstore (now under maintenance, though they claim you can still order from them), however they also have taken great pains to avoid providing any contact information, barring that they're in Toronto.

Though they have responded to a sales enquiry once, they have as yet not responded to any questions I've asked as to their location or a phone number. This sounds some serious alarm bells, for obvious reasons.

My guess is that these guys are actually legit, but that they're choosing to keep a low profile due to the nature of their products.

So, I was wondering - has anyone else had any dealings with them?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterPython View Post
    It sounds like they might not even be up and running yet.
    Yeah, I'd suggest stick to the well-established places. B4ns.com and well.ca are great - and both are Canadian. You can get abri-forms, bambinos, molicare, and some ABU styles at b4ns, and well.ca has the more widely-known brands to people outside the ABDL community, like Tena, Depends *shudder*, underjams, and goodnites. B4ns flips the case boxes inside out and reseals them so the outside of the case is only brown box material, and the shipping is included in the price. Well.ca offers free shipping on every order to canada, regardless of size, and from what I see they just use recycled boxes from other products like beauty product cases and stuff instead of diaper cases. (if you can't find the product you want by filtering, because it's kinda fincky, just try "shop by: 'brands'") If you want cloth diapers or babyish onesies, there's babykins.com/ (click on "KINS Adult Line" to order online), but they do charge for shipping...I get my plastic sheets here, because they're the best I can find. These three places should give you pretty-much every option you'll need for diapers and baby stuff - and no identifying labels from importing from the US.

If it's InControl health care that you are talking about, they sell SNUGS, and I have ordered from them before. I thought that I had posted it on here, but that was fetlife.com .. I'll C/P what I wrote.
    "Thanks to a previous post about a diaper called snugs, I found this website called Incontrol Health Care.. Turns out they are from Toronto and when looking at their snugs selection I noticed it's under the menu for ab/dl and not the incontinence supplies. Thought I should share the info.. Nice to find another ab/dl store "
    In the long run I did order some SNUGS from them. They turned out ok, and I recommend them (the company) decent shipping time and safe for transactions... SNUGS I found are a little expensive for what you get, just to get 10 paper smelling diapers it's like $30. The absorbency is around an ATN from tranquility. I'd recommend some mommy's sent off ebay and your favourite bambino or Dry/24 really for that price.

Since yesterday, I've got 5 requests from incontrol.ca to delete this old, long-forgotten thread.
    Here's one of the 5:

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]

Re:
    http://www.adisc.org/forum/diaper-ta...ca-before.html

Dear Sirs, Dear Webmaster of adisc.org

Our marketing department has located an entry referring to our company name and/or
    address.
    We provide services exclusively for the elderly and physically handicapped.
    Although we respect your site, our firm does not seek any affiliation with sites other
    than those in palliative care or supporting organizations due to sensitivity of the
    subject matter.

Would you please remove the page, feed or reference incontrol.ca to our organization
    in this feed:

http://www.adisc.org/forum/diaper-ta...ca-before.html

If you would kindly delete this feed or reference as soon as possible? Thank you
    very much,
    we do appreciate your cooperation.
    incontrol.ca doesn't seem to want our money/business.

incontrol.ca doesn't seem to even want us discussing them.

Would you order from a website that goes around trying to get any discussion about them it doesn't like, deleted from the internet?

I wouldn't.

Then again, if I was them, I'd spend all the effort they have put into spamming me, into improving their website/product instead.
    That's just me, though. Crazy old robo-bovine, etc.

In the event that they do keep spamming me, I'll post it here.
    They probably will. They seem intent on doing all of the talking, and none of the listening.

Quote Originally Posted by Moo View Post
    Since yesterday, I've got 5 requests from incontrol.ca to delete this old, long-forgotten thread.
    Here's one of the 5:

incontrol.ca doesn't seem to want our money/business.

incontrol.ca doesn't seem to even want us discussing them.

Would you order from a website that goes around trying to get any discussion about them it doesn't like, deleted from the internet?

I wouldn't.

Then again, if I was them, I'd spend all the effort they have put into spamming me, into improving their website/product instead.
    That's just me, though. Crazy old robo-bovine, etc.

In the event that they do keep spamming me, I'll post it here.
    They probably will. They seem intent on doing all of the talking, and none of the listening.
    Wow, that's just sad. Personally I'd send all emails from them to /dev/null (quite literally). Although I just looked and it seems they've taken the original offline and replaced it with a page containing just their logo and some text. Maybe it's a legit request from a new owner of the domain and they're just going about it the wrong way?

pepsicolaisgreat

wow. Like you said Moo. They don't seem to want business. If it was my business. I'd appreciate any exposure that someone put out there. The more customers the better.

Does it really matter if some of your customers aren't disabled or elderly? But just want to wear them because they love too? I mean come on. It doesn't really matter.

Isn't the main goal of a company to make money?

Anyway that's my rant.

I will never order from them again!!!

My first reaction was to assume that, fair enough, a legitimate medical supplies company may have good reason to avoid association with ABDL interests. My second was to realise that I discovered their site because they sold Snugs AB-specific diapers.

Now, if you happen to Google for incontrol.ca, you'll find their (placeholder) site as the top hit, and this thread as the second. Nothing else. Google for 'Snugs diapers' and you'll see a few reviews of said product, which appears not just to have been sold by this business, but likely 'manufactured' (they look like poor-quality, generic adult diapers which have been re-packaged) by too.

Well, well.

For a business which claims to cater exclusively to the palliative care market, it seems highly suspect that they would even consider stocking an item which so clearly indicates otherwise. Furthermore, one would have thought that a 'firm' large enough to have it's own 'marketing department' would have a larger web visibility than a defunct page. In fact, I have as yet failed to find one reference to incontrol.ca which isn't on an ABDL site of one type or another.

So, I call shenanigans. As incontrol.ca's (eeeh! Hesaiditagain!) hawk-like marketing executives will no doubt be aware already, it is far from the right of a business to censor forum posts which mention their products. However, I do suspect there may be a teensy legal no-no involved where misrepresentation is concerned. Precisely whom in which marketing department? Of which 'firm'?

The reason I posted in the first place was to ask for clarification regarding a business whose identity, even existence, I found questionable in the first place. I would suggest incontrol.ca focus some of that marketing brilliance on addressing that before bothering those who mention their name.

MMM if i was in you, I would never delete this thread... Instead, I would leave this here, to remember everyone not to buy from this company!
    I just think that their will is going far from the rights they have... It's not possible to censor opinions, nor to delete a reference to their store because they want to... Oh, well, at least until SOPA will not come around again...

(OT: ... And I live in Italy... I thought we were the only nation that would ever have such a nasty internet censoring law...)