Thread: Plastic pant or cover for guy with large legs?

Default Plastic pant or cover for guy with large legs?

I never thought of my body shape as being anything unusual, but among diaper wearers it must be! I bought one of the Leakmaster Deluxe Vinyl Pants from AdultClothDiaper.com, but stupidly considered only my waist size when ordering. My waist size is 38”. The “large” size indicates a waist size of 39”, but says it will stretch from 29” to 48”. That seemed like just the thing. Unfortunately, my legs are 27” around! That’s one inch more than the absolute maximum for this pant. I do a good deal of running, so I guess that’s probably the cause. Regardless, my upper legs don’t have any “give” to them. The result is that the large vinyl pant is tight enough around the legs to be painful. Basically, I can’t use it. I guess it’s good I only ordered one!

I don’t want to order an extra large, because I don’t want a bunch of extra material up top. The large is bad enough that way already. My cloth diapers fit like a bikini bottom. They’re nice and trim, and I’d like a vinyl pant or diaper cover that’s similarly trim. Any recommendations? A diaper cover or “wrap” that goes on with velcro or snaps might be the answer. Cost is not a big deal, as I only need one (I don’t get to wear cloth often enough to need more, unfortunately).

Thanks!
    LL

you could always commission someone to make you a pul diaper cover with your measurements, there's plenty of people who sew for ab/dl on eBay

Quote Originally Posted by LilLeaker View Post
    I never thought of my body shape as being anything unusual, but among diaper wearers it must be! I bought one of the Leakmaster Deluxe Vinyl Pants from AdultClothDiaper.com, but stupidly considered only my waist size when ordering. My waist size is 38”. The “large” size indicates a waist size of 39”, but says it will stretch from 29” to 48”. That seemed like just the thing. Unfortunately, my legs are 27” around! That’s one inch more than the absolute maximum for this pant. I do a good deal of running, so I guess that’s probably the cause. Regardless, my upper legs don’t have any “give” to them. The result is that the large vinyl pant is tight enough around the legs to be painful. Basically, I can’t use it. I guess it’s good I only ordered one!

I don’t want to order an extra large, because I don’t want a bunch of extra material up top. The large is bad enough that way already. My cloth diapers fit like a bikini bottom. They’re nice and trim, and I’d like a vinyl pant or diaper cover that’s similarly trim. Any recommendations? A diaper cover or “wrap” that goes on with velcro or snaps might be the answer. Cost is not a big deal, as I only need one (I don’t get to wear cloth often enough to need more, unfortunately).

Thanks!
    LL
    Use 'em. You'll be fine. I'm a 36" waist with 28" legs, and they'll work. They will fail prematurely at the legs, but I've never found plastic pants that have bigger legs than the Leakmasters (which IIRC have 27" legs in the XL size). They fit me ok, albeit with the elastic pretty stretched.

Quote Originally Posted by xbabyx View Post
    Use 'em. You'll be fine. I'm a 36" waist with 28" legs, and they'll work. They will fail prematurely at the legs, but I've never found plastic pants that have bigger legs than the Leakmasters (which IIRC have 27" legs in the XL size). They fit me ok, albeit with the elastic pretty stretched.
    Hmmm... Ok. Maybe I'll get the XL in the bikini fit. The L is going to cut off my circulation! I didn't order the bikini fit the first time because I wasn't sure how the diapers were going to go on, but now that I've learned to put them on and keep them nice and trim, I think less bulk in the pant is definitely the way to go.

So far, the only way I've been able to use my cloth diapers is in the shower. Not that it isn't fun that way, but...

-LL

Quote Originally Posted by LilLeaker View Post
    Hmmm... Ok. Maybe I'll get the XL in the bikini fit. The L is going to cut off my circulation! I didn't order the bikini fit the first time because I wasn't sure how the diapers were going to go on, but now that I've learned to put them on and keep them nice and trim, I think less bulk in the pant is definitely the way to go.

So far, the only way I've been able to use my cloth diapers is in the shower. Not that it isn't fun that way, but...

-LL
    Yeah, the Large makes a nice snug fit otherwise, but you will feel those legs after a bit. The way I pin my diapers, though, since I use flats with a kite fold, the XL works out pretty well, actually.

I'm glad you're liking the diapers so far, too!

yeah, this is a pet-hate of mine, as i've described before. it's just laziness and incompetence on the part of the designers/cutters; it's actually quite easy to cut the pattern in such a way that you increase the leg openings whilst not narrowing the crotch nor heightening the hips, and without ending up with a billowing pant (unless you like that kinda thing).
    that said, the easiest ways around it are to buy bigger [than you would otherwise] or to buy bigger-but-with-enclosed-elastics (you can then unpick a bit of the stitching, shorten the elastics to suit and then restitch).

Had the same problem with Leakmaster Deluxe, best fit based on waist measurement is much too tight on my legs. Overall, next size up works better for me.