Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sleeping and bladder

Default Sleeping and bladder

Hey,

Im not sure if this is in the right fourm however i thought id just post it here anyway, feel free to move it.

When i was younger i wet the bed, from i was 7 - 10. Then it suddenly stopped. However, with alot of people that have been speaking about the issue with wetting at nighttime, it made me think.

As i would say, normal people would wake up during the night if they feel the need to pee, thus they get up and go. However, with myself, i just sleep right through untill the morning and then in the morning when i wake up i always have to run to the toilet because it feels like my bladder is busting. That being because i never wake up in the night.

I would describe myself as a deep sleeper and i dont know if i have just changed this way because of my bed wetting habbits in the past, however if anyone else is like this, please let me know to discuss it as i feel like i am alone on the subject.

Many thanks,
    Flight Sim Pro

AntiSocial

with my damn insomnia,i dont sleep at all or it take me so long i go to toilet 2 times before falling asleep so i cant tell you now but i never really waked up in the night for that anyway i just do like you say

Quote Originally Posted by FlightSimPro View Post
    Hey,
    As i would say, normal people would wake up during the night if they feel the need to pee, thus they get up and go.
    Who are these normal people of which you speak? Do they live in Narnia, because I have never seen such mythical creatures before.

All joking aside, you're not alone. If there's nothing medically or developmentally wrong with you, then that age group is pretty average for the majority of children out there. Being "normal" doesn't play into it. Your bladder was still developing and now your muscles are conditioned to stay closed when you are asleep.

It's like how some people love the taste of peanut butter and other people loathe it. Everyone is different.

I'm like this too. The urge to go to the bathroom (whether pee or poop) never wakes me up during the night. It just bottles up inside me until I wake up, then the urge hits.

Thanks for all the replies folks.

Maybe im not different :P

FlightSimPro

I'm the same way. I never wet the bed except for a very rare occasion, and it was due to dreams where I was wearing a diaper and I snapped awake just as I started letting go. Otherwise, I sleep through to the point sometimes where it ends up being painful. Sometimes I wake up when the need is too great. I stopped drinking anything 3h before bedtime about a year ago and that lead to better sleep overall.

Lately I've been feeling the same thing though. It's more or less because I currently live in a shelter that requires us to be awake at a certain time every morning. So I've gotten used to being awake before everyone else so I can shit, shower and shave and be out of there so I can start pounding pavement for a job hunt. (Which, I'll admit a large chunk of that is done online at the college's library. Spare me the lectures please.)

As a result, unless the urge is super strong, whether I have to pee or not, my body is conditioned to stay asleep. Because every second counts, especially on days when I don't have access to cheap caffinated beverages.

I never wake up in the night too pee but have never wet the bed. I always wake up with a bursting bladder.

i tend to either wake up a need to go, or i go while I'm sleeping. When I'm stressed i will just not feel it and go while I'm asleep. If really stressed i can be leaky during the day too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
    i tend to either wake up a need to go, or i go while I'm sleeping. When I'm stressed i will just not feel it and go while I'm asleep. If really stressed i can be leaky during the day too.
    That's actually very interesting to me. Maybe for another thread, but I'd be curious to know how long your body has worked like that.