Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Defending the furry community...

Cool Defending the furry community...

I am not personally a furry or any subcategory thereof, although I do understand the concept and lifestyle. In other words, "to each his own". If you love it, then so be it.

Today after one of my college classes let out, I heard a group of kids walking and talking about this one dude who is a furry. He has no shame toward the subject and walks around content with his choices. He was wearing cat ears, a tail and even went as far as to paint whiskers on his cheeks.

These kids were refer to him as a "freak of nature", "retarded" and even stated that his "mother probably dropped him on the head one two many times as a child".

These statements struck me as not only immature but as pure slander. As a whole hearted supporter of the furry community, I went over to these kids and stuck up for every single one of you guys.

I simply explained that everyone has the right to live their life in the pursuit of happiness and if he found happiness in living through his fursona, then so be it. I told them straight out that if they didn't appreciate him wearing ears and a tail, then they simply shouldn't do the same. I was then cursed out and ridiculed... but that's a different story all together.

So! I hope I put some sense into their minds...

that blows,im not furry myself but i know then feeling,ran in to that afew times in hs with homophobes and all that good stuff.some people just dont care if they are wrong if they can ego trip on hateing others,its not my place to correct them just have to give them the right to be wrong sometimes.wish i went to school in jersey,id love to see a guy walking around in cat ears

Obligatory.

Good on you Personally, I think people would be better off being a bit more discreet with their various weirdnesses, although there's no call for the kind of reaction you witnessed. It's understandable but not excusable.

Furries should really quit showing their furry-self to everyone, internet or IRL.

Thank you, cat. ^^

For all Americans, we can live how we want, no matter how much people ridicule us. If not, it'll go against the freedom of expression. Who gives a damn what people think, if those people are like that, they're not worth anyone's time.

Quote Originally Posted by Setsuya View Post
    Furries should really quit showing their furry-self to everyone, internet or IRL.
    So, you are saying I should hide my hobbies and interests? I should walk around and be plain and boring? I should take my hockey bumper stickers off my car, should stop wearing any clothing that would show what I do?

Furry is nothing more than a hobby, sure it has its "darker" side as some would call it, but that should not stop anyone from expressing it. I'm not going to hide it just because some people don't like it. Nor should you be telling people otherwise.

People in general need to stop treating furry like it's some kind of fetish, the amount of adult themed furries is far less than those that are not.

Quote Originally Posted by WingDog View Post
    So, you are saying I should hide my hobbies and interests? I should walk around and be plain and boring? I should take my hockey bumper stickers off my car, should stop wearing any clothing that would show what I do?

Furry is nothing more than a hobby, sure it has its "darker" side as some would call it, but that should not stop anyone from expressing it. I'm not going to hide it just because some people don't like it. Nor should you be telling people otherwise.

People in general need to stop treating furry like it's some kind of fetish, the amount of adult themed furries is far less than those that are not.
    I'm a furry, too, bucko.

But running around on every forum screaming to the world that "I'm a furry!" or doing like that guy did and wearing the tail, ears and painting the whiskers is asking for the trolling.

People get annoyed by furries because they "force" it on others by trotting around announcing their furrism.

I don't get a sexual thrill from diapers, but it's like if I told everyone on every forum I was, and told everyone IRL, and even exposed by diaper. No one wants to know; no one cares. It should be behind closed doors, in privacy. There's no need to run around letting everyone in on this part of your life.

Imo he did bring this on himself.
    We are all entitled to an opinion. And if you (you being general, not attacking anyone) cant take that some people will have stronger opinions than others, that people may hate, then don't be open about it ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Setsuya View Post
    I'm a furry, too, bucko.

But running around on every forum screaming to the world that "I'm a furry!" or doing like that guy did and wearing the tail, ears and painting the whiskers is asking for the trolling.

People get annoyed by furries because they "force" it on others by trotting around announcing their furrism.

I don't get a sexual thrill from diapers, but it's like if I told everyone on every forum I was, and told everyone IRL, and even exposed by diaper. No one wants to know; no one cares. It should be behind closed doors, in privacy. There's no need to run around letting everyone in on this part of your life.
    I can see that....

I would not call that "screaming it to the world" Doing that would be literally SCREAMING it. going around and saying it without people asking. Your saying Goths should not wear all black, emos should not wear girl pants, because that would be shouting it to the world and that would be bad. Your telling people to act the same because anything different is going to cause social outrage.

I don't know any furries that go around "announcing" their furrism. Nor do I know any that go around shoving it in others faces.

Once again Furry is not a sexuality or a fetish, So you cannot compare it to being a DL or AB. It is a hobby and there is nothing wrong with wearing ears and a tail around.

Quote Originally Posted by WingDog View Post
    I can see that....

I would not call that "screaming it to the world" Doing that would be literally SCREAMING it. going around and saying it without people asking. Your saying Goths should not wear all black, emos should not wear girl pants, because that would be shouting it to the world and that would be bad. Your telling people to act the same because anything different is going to cause social outrage.

I don't know any furries that go around "announcing" their furrism. Nor do I know any that go around shoving it in others faces.

Once again Furry is not a sexuality or a fetish, So you cannot compare it to being a DL or AB. It is a hobby and there is nothing wrong with wearing ears and a tail around.
    I just said diapers aren't sexual to me, so actually, I can compare it.

People wouldn't need to defend other furries if the furries would keep the fact that they are a furry in places where it's appropriate. Here. FurAffinity. FoxTalesTimes. Conventions. All places where furries can be furries.

Doing what the college boy did is asking to be insulted. To do something like that, announce it to the world so clearly, and then get offended because you're under attack for it is down right annoying. Don't want attacked for it? Stop showing it off.

The woman that lives with 40 cats shouldn't tell everyone she lives with 40 cats if she doesn't want to be insulted for it.