Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What other non-generic baby/child items do you like?

BBallBoy

Default What other non-generic baby/child items do you like?

Are there any items whether it be toys or books that may be considered childish that you still like? Im not talking pacifiers or blankets or anything specifically involved with regression. I mean stuff that we played with or wish we played with when we were little. Any special books, games, or toys you still like?

Definitely Stellaluna I used to read that as a little kid and I still love it and own it to this day! I have a handful of plushies I had as a kid around my room so yea

There are a few old 90's board games I wanted to play as a kid (can't think of a name off the top of my head) but yep x3

BBallBoy

Default Other

Any model/toy trains anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by RocketJet View Post
    Any model/toy trains anyone?
    Well, there's a difference between scale model and toy trains. Scale model trains are widely enjoyed by many adults. They even have elaborate club layouts that are realistically designed with artistic scenery and trains even run on scale time clocks and schedules. Nothing about them is really considered childish.

Then you have toy trains like Brio and other makes, which would be considered childish. There's also the battery operated ride-on train (I think Little Tikes made one) which looks like fun as it runs on a plastic track. I've sometimes thought it would be neat to have one and buy extra track to run all through the house. Don't think it can pull an adult rider very well, though, although I'd love to give one a try...

Personally, I like any type of trains - real, scale, or toy. They're all fun to play with while using your imagination.

~Pramrider

BBallBoy

I was thinking along the lines of Lionel or LGB but I know adults enjoy them too.

I was thinking along the lines of Lionel or LGB but I know adults enjoy them too.
    Yeah, Lionel is sometimes considered borderline toy by people in the hobby, as are other electric trains running on what's called tinplate track. American Flyer (S Scale) is another popular make on that borderline. They were given as presents to many children over the decades Lionel, AF, and other similar makes were in business...Lionel is still producing new trains. My dad was given a set when he was a child, which he sold to a collector years later. I bought my son a Lionel set and have also bought additional cars to add to it. I still had some O Scale buildings, inherited from my dad's set which he didn't sell, which I passed onto my son. I love the larger size of LGB, but you need lots of room to have a nice run of track. I know many adults like to build outdoor or garden railroads and run the larger trains like LGB.

~Pramrider

Quote Originally Posted by Pramrider View Post
    Well, there's a difference between scale model and toy trains. Scale model trains are widely enjoyed by many adults. They even have elaborate club layouts that are realistically designed with artistic scenery and trains even run on scale time clocks and schedules. Nothing about them is really considered childish.

Then you have toy trains like Brio and other makes, which would be considered childish. There's also the battery operated ride-on train (I think Little Tikes made one) which looks like fun as it runs on a plastic track. I've sometimes thought it would be neat to have one and buy extra track to run all through the house. Don't think it can pull an adult rider very well, though, although I'd love to give one a try...

Personally, I like any type of trains - real, scale, or toy. They're all fun to play with while using your imagination.

~Pramrider
    you need to get one of those trains thats powered to pull adult weight, ive seen them before but its an outside train on a track and you sit on the train if i remember correctly

Quote Originally Posted by LittleAyria View Post
    you need to get one of those trains thats powered to pull adult weight, ive seen them before but its an outside train on a track and you sit on the train if i remember correctly
    Yep...like they have at amusement parks or set up in malls around the holidays. Would love to have one of them. Many years ago, my sister and BIL went to a car show somewhere in PA. A guy there had a tractor trailer load of train engine, cars, and track he wanted to sell for only $400. My BIL was really tempted to buy it, but neither he nor I had any place to put it at the time. Somebody there sure got a deal on a small size,complete outdoor RR that adults could also ride on!

~Pramrider

Quote Originally Posted by Pramrider View Post
    Yep...like they have at amusement parks or set up in malls around the holidays. Would love to have one of them. Many years ago, my sister and BIL went to a car show somewhere in PA. A guy there had a tractor trailer load of train engine, cars, and track he wanted to sell for only $400. My BIL was really tempted to buy it, but neither he nor I had any place to put it at the time. Somebody there sure got a deal on a small size,complete outdoor RR that adults could also ride on!

~Pramrider
    yeah those dont come cheap, i was looking them up and the engine itself goes for at least 2000 or more

BBallBoy

Default LGB or Lionel

My issue is I cannot decide on a guage/company. I own 2 lionel trains and 2 LGB trains but as with LGB's financial troubles, im not sure whether or not to invest in it anymore. Lionel on the other hand does still make high quality sets but they cant go outdoors without special track...

---------- Post added 04-09-2011 at 00:51 ---------- Previous post was 02-09-2011 at 20:19 ----------

My issue is I cannot decide on a guage/company. I own 2 lionel trains and 2 LGB trains but as with LGB's financial troubles, im not sure whether or not to invest in it anymore. Lionel on the other hand does still make high quality sets but they cant go outdoors without special track...
    so ya trains and maybe like Legos or Knex?