View Poll Results: Is 17 too old?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yep. Sorry, grandma, this is just for kids.

1 4.35%
  • 17 isn't too old to go trick-or-treating...

13 56.52%
  • As long as you're being a chaperone, it's ok, I guess.

9 39.13%

Thread: Trick or treat! ;P

Thumbs up Trick or treat! ;P

I know Halloween is a while off yet...but I couldn't sleep and I was just wondering about this. Is 17 too old to go trick-or-treating, in your opinion?

I never got to go when I was really a kid, and it's an experience I'd really like to have. What does everyone think? I already know what costume I'm going to have (a puppy!) and my little niece (9) might tag along with me, which I think is a good idea, too.

If you have you niece with you it would seem perfectly normal I'm 15 and still trick and treat

Yeah, if you have your niece with you, you shouldn't get any questions/weird looks. If you were out by yourself/with similar-aged friends, you might get a few comments but you would probably be ok. I really wanna wear my footie pajamas (with a hood/ears and a tail) for halloween and go trick-or-treating with my babyfur friends.

Quote Originally Posted by CharliePup View Post
    I never got to go when I was really a kid, and it's an experience I'd really like to have. What does everyone think? I already know what costume I'm going to have (a puppy!) and my little niece (9) might tag along with me, which I think is a good idea, too.
    Perfect! You get to go trick-or-treating, and she gets to go with a chaperone who isn't your parents. Win-win. Just be sure that she isn't the kind of niece who'll book it away from you halfway through the night because you're not her Mommy or Daddy and you can't stop her.

If you want to go without her, find some friends and go- just realize you'll get some weird looks at doors. But as long as you go the whole nine yards with costume, it should be ok.

17 isn't too old for trick or treating. Heck, in my neighborhood everyone of all ages trick or treats and even adults don't get strange looks for it, sometimes the older teens and adults get more candy. :P

Odl9791

I haven't been trick or treating in a long time. Last time was when my cousin was like 6 and her brother was like 3. I took them around my neighborhood, cause my parents and her parents wanted me to. Me, I would rather not deal with trick or treaters. Not to say I won't buy any candy...I'll just sit by the front door and eat it myself.

Im turning 18 and plan on going this year. Since your going with your niece you probably wont get too many odd looks. But for people just going on their own its best to grab some friends too, its easier for a house to turn away 1 older kid than 4 or 5 of them trick-or-treating. My friends and I usually go in a huge group of around 6 or 7 and we alternate who goes to the door in groups of 3 (so like 3 at one and 3 at the next house then we skip a house) its weird but its so we dont end up stealing candy from little kids.

I plan on going 'Trick or Treating' this year and I'm 17. I did it last year as well. I got some comments along the lines of "Aren't you a little old to be doing this?" -I wasn't alone though, there were 4 of us-, but never-the-less, I got the treats!

Plus, if you bring someone younger with you it'd seem perfectly normal. I know people who take younger siblings/nieces/nephews out to 'Trick or Treat'. It's the 'norm' these days....

I say go for it! - You have fun + you get some treats! win=win.