Thread: Free From The Chains of Work

Default Free From The Chains of Work

Ahhhhhh finally, I have a weekend off from work. All I have been doing for the past 3 weeks is waking up, stacking hay, coming home and going to bed. Now I get to relax, and live for a bit longer. I'm going up to Ontario, Canada for the weekend to visit some of my relatives. Sadly my grandma isn't doing so good, she has 100% blockage in her legs, and she has been very depressed. *sits back in his chair* I'm gonna sit around and cheer her up most of the weekend, but she's cool (she used to bootleg and fly to cuba in the 60's :P)
    Oh and so far from spending my summer throwing bails of hay I have lost around 35lbs, and can throw a hay bail 20ft. Geez i work too much.

Enjoy your weekend. I was busy the last two weekends, and I'm looking forward to a three day weekend because of Labor Day.

Got my two days off, but got to work over the weekend.

I am up to my eyeballs in bills. So I am grabbing as much over time as I can. A co-worker is going out on maternity leave, and I am grabbing as much of her schedule as I can without killing myself in the process. I will be working 6 to 7 days a week for the month of September, and most of October. So my relaxing time will be really limited.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridefort View Post
    Oh and so far from spending my summer throwing bails of hay I have lost around 35lbs, and can throw a hay bail 20ft. Geez i work too much.
    i'm jealous. well, not totally: my injured shoulder now twinges just at the sight of someone labouring.
    i miss the routine, the money, the grafting and the sense of a job well done.

So with all the extra physical work, you now have the shape of a night club bouncer?

A weekend off sure sounds nice! Irene (not a girl, a storm) kept me busy last weekend and will again this weekend. Wish she had of at least cleaned up after herself...

Sounds like that hay bale tossing really put you into great shape. Either that, or liked to have did you in! If I lost 35 pounds at this point, you wouldn't see me when I turn sideways.