Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you feel about same sex couples adopting children?

Default How do you feel about same sex couples adopting children?

I know of course, there is a huge controversy about full Homosexual marrigae, but I haven't heard much about them being able to adopt a child. Do you think, if the couple has a stable home environment, good legal record, etcetera, that they should be allowed to adopt children, male or female, regardless of the gender of the couple. If you want, submit your thoughts, ideas or stipulations, etcetera. Have fun discussing and please try to be respectful of others' opinions. // I myself agree, same sex couple should be entitled to adoption of a child /orphaned child, given the fathers/mothers have no outstanding infractions on their record, responsibility, and of course if they have no record of pedophillia or such. They need to have a stable home with neccesary income and proper care, as with any other adoptions.

Butterfly Mage

I have two friends who are lesbians and they have raised three intelligent, healthy, happy, well-adjusted children. No problem!

The same, I guess, as I'd feel about any couple adopting children - there are some who I'd thoroughly approve of, and some that I'd be on the phone to social services about.

Artie

Yeah I don't see why people have a problem with it, if it's a stable home ant the parents have a clean record, then why not, I'd much rather be brought up by a stable gay couple than a shaky straight couple.

---
    - Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I see nothing wrong with it, and from what I have heard the child's life can be more stable due to the couple's relationship being more stable than a married heterosexual couple

Quote Originally Posted by BabyArtie View Post
    The same, I guess, as I'd feel about any couple adopting children - there are some who I'd thoroughly approve of, and some that I'd be on the phone to social services about.

Artie
    ^ ^ ^ What he said ^ ^ ^

I don't understand why sexual orientation, or gender should effect how people bring up children. If they are good people who want to adopt and have the funds to bring up a child, I say go for it. Much better than being brought up in an orphanage or with a drug-addicted single parent who would have otherwise given their children to foster parents if the parent weren't a same-sex couple

Opposite-sex couples fuck up with their kids so badly I don't know why someone who is ACTIVELY looking to adopt kids - regardless of their respective genders - could possibly do any worse.

That's not to say that some adoptive parents aren't horribly abusive and terrible parents, but I have a sneaky suspicion the extra hurdles gay couples have to go through to adopt will weed out a lot of that.

Unless Same Sex Couple is the first box on the "Not allowed to adopt" list that particular agency is using.

My brothers' biological father came out of the closet in 1999. He's been with his partner for ten years and it didn't negatovely effect my brothers one bit. Oh both of our parents (that is their father and our mother) could be physically and emotionally abusive, don't get me wrong, but the abuse didn't stem from anyone's sexuality.

I see no problem at all with it. If they have a stable financial situation, nice, clean house, they're friendly, not abusive and actually want children, then by all means they should be able to adopt. The child will (most likely) grow up to be more accepting toward homosexuality, which isn't a bad thing considering the amount of narrow-minded haters that take these things to the extreme.

I think they should be able to adopt, yes.

Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Chanch0 View Post
    Yeah I don't see why people have a problem with it, if it's a stable home ant the parents have a clean record, then why not, I'd much rather be brought up by a stable gay couple than a shaky straight couple.

---
    - Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    I agree. I would prefer to be brought up by stable gay parents over shaky straight parents. Plus I am bi so that would make my life easier!