Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Third rate diaper question

Default Third rate diaper question

Last year I wore depends for a bit and then I finally ordered some Molicares and Abenas to try real diapers. Needless to say I really like the higher quality diapers but I wanted to try bambinos for my next purchase. Unfortunately they are out of mediums until the end of September and I don't want to go that long without having diapers.

For one reason or another I much prefer the feeling of a tape on diapers to goodnites. Having more room is great and having to tape it up just has a special feeling to it.

Because of the Bambino problem I think I am going to get some store brand to hold me over, however I'm not sure which one I should go with. I was looking for opinions on various common store brands in the north east united states since I didn't want to get depends max again if there is something that people consider better.

Thanks,
    Kwis

Some walgreens brand, or some cvs brand. If you want more absorbency get some toddler diapers to stuff with.

Or get some adult incontinence pads to use as stuffers - the long ones designed to go in fitted pants work well and are especially useful if you buy the ones without the plastic backing.

i agree with powderhair, your best bet is those two for a slightly better brand then just depends

Ok I guess I'll go with a store brand when I go shopping tonight then. Thanks.

Anyone have a preference between Walgreens and CVS since they are both right next to each other about a mile away from my uni?

Cherub

Just my opinion, I prefer Wal Green's certainty brand diaper. They only down side to them is the cloth-like backing. But they are fairly absorbent for an over-the-counter diaper. Add in a stuffer, or double diaper and it works rather well!

I'll keep that in mind if I go get store brand diapers again.

Ended up getting the CVS brand, hope they work out ok.

---------- Post added at 23:06 ---------- Previous post was at 19:35 ----------

Ugh, first one I tried to put on had a tape rip on me when I was trying to get it snug. Never had that issue with depends. -_-

At least it's still useful as a stuffer if worst comes to worst.

Dolphins2011

I always thought Depend Max was better than CVS/Walgreens diapers. The only thing I liked about CVS/Walgreens was the tapes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins2011 View Post
    I always thought Depend Max was better than CVS/Walgreens diapers. The only thing I liked about CVS/Walgreens was the tapes.
    I don't want to be quick to judge but that is the impression I am getting atm.

Dolphins2011

Quote Originally Posted by kwis View Post
    I don't want to be quick to judge but that is the impression I am getting atm.
    The tapes were cool because you could refasten them since the diaper has a cloth outer cover. Plus there were only 2 of them per side. I hate Depend's 3 tape system.

Not only that, but CVS/Walgreen diapers look downright goofy.