Thread: Netflix TV show "Hoarders"

Cherub

Default Netflix TV show "Hoarders"

I have NetFlix, and was watching a TV show called Hoarders. First off, let me say that the situations they depict on that show, are of course the worst case scenarios. With the ability to pull up any season and episode, I just happened to watch season 2 episode 2. This lady had been living for years in this house w/o running water. So since she couldn't flush her toilet, she resorted to adult diapers. I was just shocked! Of course she wasn't wearing diapers for AB/DL reasons; but I was utterly speechless when I saw that there was a pile of used diapers about 4 feet tall in the bathroom! Anyone else see this episode?

Not yet, looking for it lol :P

---
    - Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Was that the same one as where they found two dead cats in her house?

Cherub

No, I believe the two dead cats was season 2 episode 1. But even that episode had a reference to diapers. In that episode, the young man (who had been taken away 14 years ago, due to house condition). Well the guy has since grown into an adult, and had come back to help the crew clean his mother's house. While they were cleaning his old bedroom, they found a pack of old toddler diapers (which they used to illustrate just how long ago that room had been cleaned. Anyhow, they find this pack of toddler diapers, and they playfully tease the young man. "Oh, wow look at this,, they're toddler diapers." "so you can tell this room hasn't been cleaned in a while." "Do you still need these?" The young man was like,"uh,,,no" LOL

Was it an older lady? If so I think I've seen that one. The show airs on A&E, BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by dlCherub View Post
    No, I believe the two dead cats was season 2 episode 1. But even that episode had a reference to diapers. In that episode, the young man (who had been taken away 14 years ago, due to house condition). Well the guy has since grown into an adult, and had come back to help the crew clean his mother's house. While they were cleaning his old bedroom, they found a pack of old toddler diapers (which they used to illustrate just how long ago that room had been cleaned. Anyhow, they find this pack of toddler diapers, and they playfully tease the young man. "Oh, wow look at this,, they're toddler diapers." "so you can tell this room hasn't been cleaned in a while." "Do you still need these?" The young man was like,"uh,,,no" LOL
    Ah, yes. I remember.

Holy hell, could you imagine the smell?

Anyone who has ever had to hold on to used diapers for a few days knows that they will stink, and the longer they go the more they stink. By a very unfortunate series events I ended up not throwing some out for a week once, when we got home... the smell was just so utterly awful (yet I didn't get caught, still amazes me to this day). But a pile 4 feet high? I can't even imagine how terrible that would smell...

Quote Originally Posted by oblivionxi1 View Post
    Holy hell, could you imagine the smell?

Anyone who has ever had to hold on to used diapers for a few days knows that they will stink, and the longer they go the more they stink. By a very unfortunate series events I ended up not throwing some out for a week once, when we got home... the smell was just so utterly awful (yet I didn't get caught, still amazes me to this day). But a pile 4 feet high? I can't even imagine how terrible that would smell...
    I'd imagine it would smell like a dead body in a septic tank :P

---
    - Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk