Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bought my first pack of baby diapers.

Talking Bought my first pack of baby diapers.

Hazza! I finally succeeded in buying my first pack of baby diapers and I can't wait to try them on. I've always bought adult diapers and I've stayed away from baby diapers, but today, I pushed my limit and crossed my boundaries.

I don't know about you, but I know what I'm going to do this week-end.

Scootalooo

Good for you, what brand did you buy?.

Congratulations! Hope they "fit" ok! Though I doubt they will functionally compare to your adult diapers!

If you enjoy them, That's great!

When I bought Pampers, however, I did not enjoy them. They really are not what people make them out to be. They certainly don't fit very well.

I managed to find other uses for them anyway. I lined the box some of my stash is in with them to give my Abena's a hint of that famous Pampers scent!

I bought today too! Along with baby powder =P now my hiding place is full D= I got like 40.

About the fitting part, they obviously don't fit, but I found this old post about using an old shirt to make extensions for the waist, it worked like a charm, I already tested my new nappies today =3 maybe at night I'll wear again.

Quote Originally Posted by WiLiKi View Post
    About the fitting part, they obviously don't fit, but I found this old post about using an old shirt to make extensions for the waist, it worked like a charm, I already tested my new nappies today =3 maybe at night I'll wear again.
    Excellent. Baby diapers can actually be quite functional and comfortable if you're willing to spend some time adapting them. Reusable ways like this are obviously much nicer than stapling/taping two diapers together, cutting them up, etc. I've been pinning baby diapers into boxers for over 20 years and I love it. They have enough absorbency to be functional (for at least one wetting), and because they're somewhat thinner and narrower in the crotch than adult diapers (though not so much as to leak--at least not in my case!), they're quite discrete. Well, except for the smell. It's pretty hard to wear Pampers and not end up smelling like Pampers! Luvs are even worse in that regard.

If you find that baby diapers are your thing (or one of them), then in my opinion you're in luck, because they're so easy to get and so various, you'll never get bored with them. I pretty much have every kind of disposable baby diaper sold within a ten-mile radius of where I live (except for store brands).

Best,
    -LL

Quote Originally Posted by LilLeaker View Post
    Excellent. Baby diapers can actually be quite functional and comfortable if you're willing to spend some time adapting them. Reusable ways like this are obviously much nicer than stapling/taping two diapers together, cutting them up, etc. I've been pinning baby diapers into boxers for over 20 years and I love it. They have enough absorbency to be functional (for at least one wetting), and because they're somewhat thinner and narrower in the crotch than adult diapers (though not so much as to leak--at least not in my case!), they're quite discrete. Well, except for the smell. It's pretty hard to wear Pampers and not end up smelling like Pampers! Luvs are even worse in that regard.
    I've haven't tried pampers yet >< and everyone says that the smell is awesome and I get jelly, I can only get pampers size 5 where I live, is that size good enough? what size do you buy?

Quote Originally Posted by WiLiKi View Post
    I've haven't tried pampers yet >< and everyone says that the smell is awesome and I get jelly, I can only get pampers size 5 where I live, is that size good enough? what size do you buy?
    What type of Pampers? In the US, there are Baby Dry (size 1-6), Extra Protection (size 1-6), and Cruisers (size 1-7). I only buy the 6's and 7's, but then you may be smaller than I am. Basically, if a baby diaper covers me completely in front and can make it at least 1/3 to 1/2 of the way up in the back while only being snug, I consider it "good enough." Mainly you want to avoid sitting on the back edge of the diaper all the time, since that's not very comfortable. Still, I've worn the size 5 diapers (Huggies Pure & Natural only comes in sizes up to 5, but I love the feel of them!), and they're not too bad.

Pampers Baby Dry is my favorite baby diaper. And yes! Pampers smell wonderful. I wish that scent came in a bottle so that I could put it on all of my diapers.

-LL

Quote Originally Posted by LilLeaker View Post
    Pampers smell wonderful. I wish that scent came in a bottle so that I could put it on all of my diapers.
    Well, if you really want that baby diaper smell in a bottle, you must not be alone, for they sell it.
    Mommie's Diaper Fresh and Powder Fresh Scents

Quote Originally Posted by Teekabell View Post
    Well, if you really want that baby diaper smell in a bottle, you must not be alone, for they sell it.
    Mommie's Diaper Fresh and Powder Fresh Scents
    Hmmm... I might just have to pick some of that up!