Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What if Diapers Didn't Exist???

Dolphins2011

Default What if Diapers Didn't Exist???

Seriously, what would happen if noone invented diapers?
    What if babies used catheters or something?
    What if there was a catheter that could be used both for urine and bowel movements?
    I'm not saying it has to be catheters, that's just the best replacement off the top of my head.
    But really, what if diapers were NEVER INVENTED?
    We couldn't have a diaper fetish if there were no diapers to be stimulated by.
    Where would we all be???
    Oh wow, I feel weird thinking about it.
    But really, what would happen? Would we have another strange fetish instead? Would we actually be "normal" people? Would Adisc cease to exist???
    Sorry I'm kind of hyper right now lol.
    But really, I wanna know.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins2011 View Post
    Seriously, what would happen if noone invented diapers?
    What if babies used catheters or something?
    What if there was a catheter that could be used both for urine and bowel movements?
    I'm not saying it has to be catheters, that's just the best replacement off the top of my head.
    But really, what if diapers were NEVER INVENTED?
    We couldn't have a diaper fetish if there were no diapers to be stimulated by.
    Where would we all be???
    Oh wow, I feel weird thinking about it.
    But really, what would happen? Would we have another strange fetish instead? Would we actually be "normal" people? Would Adisc cease to exist???
    Sorry I'm kind of hyper right now lol.
    But really, I wanna know.
    Think PURELY of the mechanics of the thing... if diapers didn't exist, we would have to invent them. Catheters and Colostomies (the alternatives) are just not practical for babies...

but:
    Adult Babies would still exist, Diaper Lovers might be attracted to whatever alternative equipment was used, and yes, an Adisc type site would still exist.

No one knows for sure what would happen if diapers didn't exist. Some people would be "normal", while others would probably have a completely different fetish. I'm guessing ABs would still exist, minus the diapers.

One thing is for sure, if diapers didn't exist, ADISC as we know it would not exist. There would probably be an alternate AB site instead.

Let's just say I'm glad they exist .

EDIT: I think I used the word "exist" too many times.

It's called elimination communication and is still common in many parts of the world. I am not on a real computer so posting links and stuff is hard but the idea is that babies are not incontinent so if you learn their rythyms and signals you can make the pee and poo in the toilet, a bowl or just outside.

IF diapers didn't exist, then I think pissing your pants might not be so much of an embarrassment. Think about it, without diapers, IC people might just be pissing/pooing themselves all day long and over generations this would just become a sort of normal thing (considering the percentage of the world is IC). Imagine pissing yourself to be as bad farting...

Okay, so maybe that's unrealistic even given the idea and I went a bit tangent there. My point is though, that diapers would eventually be invented because its a convenience. I think I read a NASA article about astronaut diapers. The idea, of course, is taken directly from a baby diaper (or more precisely an adult diaper), but necessity of it practically forced them to be made.

Cave men invented fire to warm themselves. Man invented underwear to conceal themselves. Man, struggling to figure how to stop babies from making disastrous messes everywhere, then took the concept of underwear, added padding, and called it a diaper. Man improved the diaper. Et cetera.

The only way diapers couldn't exist is if people didn't expel waste out of their bodies.

alu

if they didn't which is not realy possible there would most probally still be adult babys just less dl the dl would be the alternative to diaper lovers

Quote Originally Posted by Abdljosh View Post
    IF diapers didn't exist, then I think pissing your pants might not be so much of an embarrassment. Think about it, without diapers, IC people might just be pissing/pooing themselves all day long and over generations this would just become a sort of normal thing
    Incontinence wasn't any more "normal" in the days of old than it is now. In medieval times especially, if you couldn't control your bowels and urine, you had two options. Be burned to death for having a disease that could spread to others, or be committed to a convent to be cared for until you were dead.

In the last two centuries, so between the 18 and 1900's, a person who dealt with incontinence would likely be ostracized from any major community gathering. Depending on how much money you had, you might have more freedom to mingle with people as they would essentially want your money and connections. But if you crapped yourself in front of the mayor, or a president, or some other official, your reputation would slowly dwindle.

Really, the only disadvantage of not having diapers historically would be caring for infants. By the 20th century, if the adult version of diapers had never come into existence it would be no different than how someone would have been cared for a hundred years ago.

Seriously, what would happen if noone invented diapers? We couldn't have a diaper fetish if there were no diapers to be stimulated by. Would we have another strange fetish instead?
    undergarments of a diaper/nappy fashion have been worn throughout history (loincloths, for example). fact is, besides the plastic-pants, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.
    if there were to be an 'alternative' to the diaper fetish, it would most likely be a swaddling fetish. that's still in practice around the world and absorbant materials (rotten wood, grass, etc) are added into the wrappings.

Would we actually be "normal" people?
    that's debateable as observations may suggest that 'we' aren't inherently normal and, as such, we may be liabilities to our social groups. if one takes our 'abnormality' as just one manifestation of an underlying inherent abnormality, we can also thus postualte that 'we' would never have survived infant/childhood and thus go on to become what we are.

Would Adisc cease to exist???
    given the symbiotic nature between civilization and technology, and that nature being that one 'advancing' step begets the other's, even diapers form a link in the chain of events which have led us to this point. and diapers, as a perceived need for and the production technology for, are entirely dependent on earlier steps having been taken, such as, mass production, weaving loom, electricity, steam engine, the industrial revolution, the renaissance, etc.
    it's quite easy to imagine that if disposable diapers (as i think you mean, specifically) had never been, we would still be in the middle-ages, socially and technologically (no internet, for starters).

Quote Originally Posted by ade View Post
    given the symbiotic nature between civilization and technology, and that nature being that one 'advancing' step begets the other's, even diapers form a link in the chain of events which have led us to this point. and diapers, as a perceived need for and the production technology for, are entirely dependent on earlier steps having been taken, such as, mass production, weaving loom, electricity, steam engine, the industrial revolution, the renaissance, etc.
    it's quite easy to imagine that if disposable diapers (as i think you mean, specifically) had never been, we would still be in the middle-ages, socially and technologically (no internet, for starters).
    but disposable diapers weren't marketed till the 1960s ??

Quote Originally Posted by riddle View Post
    but disposable diapers weren't marketed till the 1960s ??
    dispies were an inevitability, owing to the nature of our 'progress', and even our concept of 'progress' is a result of that progress (see, the renaissance).
    to wonder what may have been had dispies never been, one has to 'remove' all the technologies, and the ideas and needs behind those technologies, that enabled the inevitable progression to the development of dispies.
    that would take us back to the middle-ages. i could suppose further by saying that the renaissance itself was just an inevitable consequence of an over-bearing and dogmatic church, but i thought that would be pushing it for y'all
    not to mention that in the comparing the different societies and ways of thinking between the two eras, we would also have to consider the different attitudes toward and uses of technology, and the snowballing effect once the shackles of church dogma had been broken.

but, in a more disgestable way, think of it as 2011 could never have happened had 2010 never happened; and 2010 could never have happened had 2009 never happened......etc.
    all an inevitable progression.

[edit] and i'm forgetting to mention the law of unintented consequences.

of course, hindsight is a wonderful thing