Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Some people do not understand bedwetting is not necessarily a choice...

Default Some people do not understand bedwetting is not necessarily a choice...

Some parents have no clue. My youngest wets the bed, she gets pull-ups and we don't bug her about it other than for her to make sure wet ones are thrown out. This is criminal stupidity at the very least.

Jonathan James, 10-Year-Old, Died After Being Denied Water As Punishment

DALLAS -- A 10-year-old Dallas-area boy who died of dehydration after his father and stepmother kept water from him was being punished for wetting the bed, authorities say.

I sincerely hope the people who post about 'faking bedwetting to get diapers' get directed to this thread - I know I'll do it, in future.

Maybe this would serve as evidence - albeit extreme evidence - that parents do not react favourably to it.

Good post AnalogRTO!

I couldn't get the link to open- but this kind of thing happens from time to time - and each time is once too often. Add in all the lesser indignities children/young people/old people can experience and you have a very big attitude problem that all too often results in severe emotional and/or physical injury. It's rather like using terms such as "retarded" "mongol" or "spastic" as derogatory descriptions - society has largely learned to stop using this kind of language abusively, but while google has 390,000 hits for "liberal bedwetter" and at least as many for "conservative bedwetter" and "Republican bedwetter" there is a fundamental public understanding that wet sheets are the result of controllable personal inadequacy. Recognize Incontinence as a disability that can be tough to remedy and even tougher to adjust to and this kind of loose use of language would stop and perhaps sufferers would get the real dignity and understanding they deserve.

It's an unfair world - pee yourself because you are out with your mates and drink too much and its often treated as a big laugh - pee the bed because you have a condition you can't control and you get unspoken messages to the effect that you should be ashamed of yourself.

Default Kid dies after being punished for bedwetting, denied water for 5 days

Hey guys, I am not sure if this is the correct forum to place this in...I stumbled across this article. here goes:
    A 10 year old boy was punished for bedwetting by his father and stepmother by being denied water for 5 days. here is the link to the story: Boy who died of dehydration was punished for wetting bed | Dallas-Fort Worth Crime News - News for Dallas, Texas - The Dallas Morning News

I think these parents should be charged and found guilty of murder. That is my opinion tho... let us know yours.

AntiSocial

denieing water or anything vital is not an human way to punish someone
    i say asylum or VERY long jail time

Yeah, this was mentioned earlier, here... > [Thread moved] <

Absolutely shocking.
    Last edited by Near; 30-Aug-2011 at 00:29.

.... Don't let me get to the parents... I would give them a cut on a vein for each year they deprived this poor boy of.

AntiSocial

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyFox View Post
    .... Don't let me get to the parents... I would give them a cut on a vein for each year they deprived this poor boy of.
    it would kill them, a loooong time even all theyre life in jail is even better

alu

Thats just wrong, i want them to be deprived of water for 5 days to see how they like it, then if they live I would want them in prison. They will most probably go to prison for killing there son and depriving him of his human rights, and i hear people in prison don't like children killers. I hope this boys brother gets a better family at least. That is extremely wrong and got me all angry.

Quote Originally Posted by AntiSocial View Post
    it would kill them, a loooong time even all theyre life in jail is even better
    '
    Not if you do it like I would.

Cut Vein 1, give them half a minute to bleed, cauterize the wound. Repeat. Make sure they never run out of too much blood, feed them a lot of liver.