Thread: Diapers with narrower sides...

ChekUrDipstik

Default Diapers with narrower sides...

Most of the adult diapers out there (in my experience) have been the type with two or three tapes, and very "wide" sides, maybe about 5 inches or so. Baby diapers have more of a "bikini" fit, with the narrow sides that show more hip.

Is there an equivalent to this design among any of the adult diapers that anyone knows of?

Cherub

Why not just cut the sides to the fit that you prefer? That way you can have the diaper of your choice ( with the thickness of your choice) and have the sides cut as high was you want them. Just my thoughts on the matter.

ChekUrDipstik

Quote Originally Posted by dlCherub View Post
    Why not just cut the sides to the fit that you prefer? That way you can have the diaper of your choice ( with the thickness of your choice) and have the sides cut as high was you want them. Just my thoughts on the matter.
    Strange as it may seem, I hadn't thought of that. I've seen the single-tape adult diapers, but even then, the tape is about a mile wide. Your idea will work alot better, because I can start with a diaper that has narrow tapes.

Thanks!!

Cherub

As far as the diaper tapes are concerned, go to a local store and buy a roll of transparent duct tape (not clear packing tape, and not clear masking tape). Once you have it applied to any diaper, it becomes almost invisible. This way, you can apply tape where ever you need it, without messing up the appearance of the diaper.

I often cut the sides of Goodnites or adult pullups to make them higher cut. The loss of fabric I remove from the sides does lessen their ability to stay up. I usually wear a pair of underwear over them to hold the diaper in place.

I'd second the tena flex idea - the way they work means they stay up when full better than most other types of diaper. for the effect you want try the smallest size you can get that fits - and in the UK anyway there are free samples available.

Quote Originally Posted by ChekUrDipstik View Post
    Strange as it may seem, I hadn't thought of that. I've seen the single-tape adult diapers, but even then, the tape is about a mile wide. Your idea will work alot better, because I can start with a diaper that has narrow tapes.

Thanks!!
    Could you tell me the name of that brand, because I've been looking for a long time for diapers with one tape on each side.
    Thanks.

I love the Tena flex(Maxi') diapers.

They use velcro and are very reusable with the comfort of heavy padding and being narrow at the sides.

Check out the Tena website to see how they look.

crinkle theyre probably talking about abu diapers