Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: MY sleep schedule is just....ohmygod

  1. #1

    Default MY sleep schedule is just....ohmygod

    I don't go to sleep until 4 a.m....and I don't wake up until 2 p.m.

    This is going to be terrible for school...terrible.

    Anyone else having issues? Haha

  2. #2

    Default

    Ohh yes. I've been staying up til 4am, 5am or even 8am some days, then getting up at around noon... It's really frustrating, since it means other stuff doesn't get done... And yes, it's gonna be HELL when Uni starts... Ugh.

    That said, if there's little to do that day, and I'm diapered... Ahhh man, it's heaven.

  3. #3

    Default

    I used to keep a similar schedule. I have a few suggestions that may help you sleep better. First thing is to...I know this is ghetto, but try blacking out your bedroom windows using tinfoil and some masking tape. Keep your bedroom cool while you sleep if you can, and lastly try some earplugs for random noises of the day. Anyway those things helped me get by.

  4. #4

    Default

    This is why I hate 7:30 am classes. It's tough, but my best suggestion for college is to have a class that starts at the same time each day. I've had some terms at school where on Mondays and Wednesdays, I could sleep in until 2, but I had to be out the door by 7 am Tuesday/Thursday.

    Just had to post these for some comic relief:
    xkcd: Good Morning
    xkcd: 28-Hour Day

  5. #5

    Default

    If left to my own devices, that is with no obligations or places I have to be at (work) .. I tend to slip into this kind of sleep schedule. If left long enough (for instance, when I was in school and would have those nice 3 month vacations) ... I actually make it all the way to going to bed at 9am or so and getting up at 6 or 7 in the afternoon.

    The explanation I've heard is that historically, people would be needed to watch the camp at night, as well as during the day, and this would thus become a desirable genetic trait that has survived into our time. Whether that's the case or not, you are definitely not alone ;p

    On the topic of interesting sleep schedules.. I've always wanted to try the uberman sleep schedule (a form of Polyphasic sleep). For those unfamiliar, it's basically a way of surviving on 2 hours daily sleep by tricking your body into going right into REM sleep the second you hit the pillow, and doing so at rigid 4 hour intervals (for 20 minutes at a time) throughout the day. I suspect it would have scary effects over the long term.. but people have tried it for periods of a few months to a year with apparently no serious issues.

  6. #6

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by BoundCoder View Post
    On the topic of interesting sleep schedules.. I've always wanted to try the uberman sleep schedule (a form of Polyphasic sleep). For those unfamiliar, it's basically a way of surviving on 2 hours daily sleep by tricking your body into going right into REM sleep the second you hit the pillow, and doing so at rigid 4 hour intervals (for 20 minutes at a time) throughout the day. I suspect it would have scary effects over the long term.. but people have tried it for periods of a few months to a year with apparently no serious issues.
    There are two types of sleep: REM and deep. REM sleep recharges your brain. Deep sleep is when the body runs its physical maintenance routines (growing muscle, fixing damage to the liver from that kegger last weekend, etc). People who do the two hours of sleep a day get entirely REM sleep, so they're sharp mentally, but their bodies start to break down fast. Yes, some people make it for a few months or more with no ill effects. Many more will become seriously ill.

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by NightFox View Post
    There are two types of sleep: REM and deep. REM sleep recharges your brain. Deep sleep is when the body runs its physical maintenance routines (growing muscle, fixing damage to the liver from that kegger last weekend, etc). People who do the two hours of sleep a day get entirely REM sleep, so they're sharp mentally, but their bodies start to break down fast. Yes, some people make it for a few months or more with no ill effects. Many more will become seriously ill.
    Figured it had to be something like that. Those extra "un-needed" phases that uberman eliminates must do something (and what you said makes sense)... nature is weird, but generally things are the way they are for a reason.

  8. #8
    ChekUrDipstik

    Default

    I got stuck in the same kind of funky schedule for awhile. I'm not a gamer or anything, it's just that I HATE going to bed. Maybe just the latent toddler in me, I don't know. I feel like I'm missing out on something if I go to bed at a decent hour.

    I was going to sleep around 2-3 in the morning, but still had to get up at 6 to go to work, then spent most of my day drinking coffee. This, of course, makes it necessary to spend most of the day peeing about every hour or so. :P I've decided that there's not really any point in kicking my own arse by staying up so late for no reason, so I've gone back to a regular schedule.

    Best thing to do (in my case, anyway) is to go one whole night without going to bed, then go to bed at a normal time the following evening. That way, you'll be so drop-dead tired, you'll most likely fall asleep soon after going to bed. Then, returning to a normal schedule won't be so difficult. Assuming you WANT to return to a normal schedule, of course.

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by BoundCoder View Post
    Figured it had to be something like that. Those extra "un-needed" phases that uberman eliminates must do something (and what you said makes sense)... nature is weird, but generally things are the way they are for a reason.
    Cracked had a very good explanation of it recently. I'll see if I can find it.

    Edit: 5 Ways To Hack Your Brain Into Awesomeness | Cracked.com

  10. #10

    Default

    Yes, as of late I'm in this weird schedule of going to bed at around 2 a.m. and waking up around 10 am to 12 pm. Technically I'm getting a healthy 8 hours of sleep, I just can't get myself to wake up earlier than 10 a.m. for some reason. Even if I go to bed at 10pm, I still end up waking up no earlier than 10 am.

    Maybe I'm not a morning person, but that doesn't even make sense since I would get up at 6:30 am on a regular basis when I was high school. Now I have a struggling school schedule where I have to practice going to bed at no later, yet not earlier than 10:30 pm. On Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays I have school until 10pm which means I won't get the chance to go to bed until 10:30 when I get home. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, though, I have school at 8:30 am, but I have to get up 2 hours prior since I will be fighting traffic and fighting for parking before getting to school.

    Theoretically I could sleep a healthy 8 hours if I went to bed at 10:30 and woke up at 6:30. I'm just not used to waking up that early and my body will just tell me to go back to bed if I don't see the sun glaring at my eyes. The worst part about this is that I start this schedule tomorrow and I'm still in the habit of going to bed at 1-2am.

Similar Threads

  1. Ohmygod... The worst movie EVER!!! The ROOM!
    By WildThing121675 in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-Apr-2010, 06:15
  2. sleep
    By Left in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 23-Nov-2009, 05:53
  3. schedule a online game
    By cylenrii in forum Computers & Gaming
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-Dec-2008, 21:23
  4. Whats your school schedule like?
    By Embraer in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 14-Sep-2008, 21:36

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.