Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cloth Diaper Review: Rearz

Exclamation Cloth Diaper Review: Rearz

Recently I have had the chance to try a few Canadian products from Rearz Inc. (Rearz Inc - Baby and Adult Cloth Diapers and supplements) Laurie (The owner) is currently in between sites at the moment and this is the one with the most functionality on it. As their other site (RearZ - Gear for Rears! Cloth Diapering.) is still under construction. I had a lot of questions about products and I even asked about AB/DL considering they have baby print pants etc. All she said is that she “is AB/DL aware and friendly” and if there is a market for it will try to accommodate but politely noted that she is not one herself and primarily focuses on designs for the incontinent. Also pointing out that even though there is pictures of models on her site, she politely asks that people do not send pictures.

First I'll start with the service. I emailed the owner a few times before setting up a consultation visit. I did this because I was new to the idea of cloth and wanted someone to talk to face to face to ask questions. She's a work from home mom, is very friendly and has a lot of good knowledge on products for natural (cloth) diapering. She designs and researches the materials to be made and does her homework. Not only is she the retailer but also the designer. (She just gets professional manufactures to do the manufacturing) She's not afraid of trying new up-to-date materials either. After a lengthily conversation about my needs she presented a couple of items that may suit me best to try.

First product is called Rearz Super Snap Adult Diaper (1 Rearz Super Snap Adult Diaper: Adult Diapers & Incontinence Aid - rearz adult fitted snap - Rearz Inc - Baby and Adult Cloth Diapers and supplements) The best way to describe this diaper is like a pre-fold with leg elastics and a rear waist elastic. It is made from a cotton material and has a 4-10-4 layer system. She told me that after a few washes this diaper gets softer, more quilt like texture and is at it's best absorbency around 5 washes or so. She wasn't telling lies either, when I got it, it was kinda rough texture, after my first wash it was 200% better, now after 4 washings It's nice and comfortable and has good absorbency. The snaps are great because if I can make it to the bathroom I can just pull them down without having to pin anything back up.

The second product that I received is Rearz Adult Flannel Pull On Diaper (Adult Flannel Pull On Diapers: Adult Diapers & Incontinence Aid - pull on diaper - kitty - Rearz Inc - Baby and Adult Cloth Diapers and supplements) It has a “hello kitty” print on them, although not my first choice of print but I am comfortable with my sexuality and besides when under a pant, you can't see them any way. However I imagine if you are a girl, AB or sissy you will love these and want to show them off. She told me how she asked the manufacturing facility that makes her design to give her random prints.. but they must have thought she said A random print because this is the only print she got... and I was hopping for cammo too! Lol .. Any way, the diaper is thick and soft, decent day absorbency but for night I recommend a stuffer.. personal experience. With the thickness I thought they would have held more, but she did explain that these are made with a felt material and the cotton, although thinner hold more. They have snaps at the front in the location of where tapes on a disposable would be. There is one adjustment snap and the rest are for easy removal of the garment. Honestly I was pleased with this product. Even though the absorbency was a little less than the snap diaper, it was still a good fit / and wear.

The final product that I received was a Silence Pant The style I received doesn't appear on the site but man are these things comfy, they are stretchy and waterproof (you would hope lol) and feel really soft. I must say these were a great recommendation, I got plain white and a galaxy print.. she also has thicker mil available featured here. (1 Silence Pant with Comfort Elastics: Adult Diapers & Incontinence Aid - Silence pull on adult - Rearz Inc - Baby and Adult Cloth Diapers and supplements)

Final verdict? I would definitely do business here again. Laurie was very nice and was understanding the whole time. Also listening to good ideas and willing to receive feedback on current products to make them better. The products feel like they will last and she encouraged that if I ever had an issue to email her and she'll make it right.

So, my conclusion??
    Service: 10/10
    Product quality: 8/10 (Won't know if it's 10 until a few years of wear and tear)
    Product selection: 8/10 (Possibly 10, but I don't know what I want in cloth yet)
    Price compare: 8/10 (Checking local and international sites)
    Recommendation: Yes
    AB/DL Friendly: Yes
    Discreet shipping: Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Knom View Post
    The second product that I received is Rearz Adult Flannel Pull On Diaper (Adult Flannel Pull On Diapers: Adult Diapers & Incontinence Aid - pull on diaper - kitty - Rearz Inc - Baby and Adult Cloth Diapers and supplements) It has a “hello kitty” print on them, although not my first choice of print but I am comfortable with my sexuality and besides when under a pant, you can't see them any way. However I imagine if you are a girl, AB or sissy you will love these and want to show them off. She told me how she asked the manufacturing facility that makes her design to give her random prints.. but they must have thought she said A random print because this is the only print she got... and I was hopping for cammo too! Lol .. Any way, the diaper is thick and soft, decent day absorbency but for night I recommend a stuffer.. personal experience. With the thickness I thought they would have held more, but she did explain that these are made with a felt material and the cotton, although thinner hold more. They have snaps at the front in the location of where tapes on a disposable would be. There is one adjustment snap and the rest are for easy removal of the garment. Honestly I was pleased with this product. Even though the absorbency was a little less than the snap diaper, it was still a good fit / and wear.
    I hope you didnt paid $39.99 for this product !
    This product is made by nicediaper (chinese manufactor) and they usually cost around $25 with free shipping !
    You can take a look here :
    2042-01-Adult Baby Sissy Cloth Diapers Winnie the Pooh | eBay

I bought prefold cloth diaper and toddle size snappies (fit adult nicely). I'm very happy with their service and the quality.
    I was thinking of buying again from them.

Quote Originally Posted by mimster View Post
    I hope you didnt paid $39.99 for this product !
    This product is made by nicediaper (chinese manufactor) and they usually cost around $25 with free shipping !
    You can take a look here :
    2042-01-Adult Baby Sissy Cloth Diapers Winnie the Pooh | eBay
    There are similarities in the product in what they look like, but that does not mean they are the same product. There is a world of difference between manufacturers doing stuff for cheap in places like China and those in the US, Canada, or Europe. The quality is easy to spot once you have both products to view in your hands.

I looked over the website for Rearz, and the only suggestion I might make would be that they might not want to advertise that products are for AB/DL's but also work for incontinent; it would likely go over better to word it as being for incontinence, but happy to serve the AB/DL community as well. Knowing how many incontinent people are, they do not necessarily want to thought of as wanting diapers or babied.

I will say, many of their products look very good, it will be nice to have another source for decent priced cloth diapers and also for Snappi diaper fasteners, I like how well those keep cloth diapers snug at night.

I looked over the website for Rearz, and the only suggestion I might make would be that they might not want to advertise that products are for AB/DL's but also work for incontinent; it would likely go over better to word it as being for incontinence, but happy to serve the AB/DL community as well. Knowing how many incontinent people are, they do not necessarily want to thought of as wanting diapers or babied.

I will say, many of their products look very good, it will be nice to have another source for decent priced cloth diapers and also for Snappi diaper fasteners, I like how well those keep cloth diapers snug at night.
    Lol, I read this and was like huh? I checked their site again and this is the actual quote "While some of our adult products may be suitable for the AB/DL market, our products are all 100% functional for the needs of incontinent people" I think you may have read it wrong RTO

If you look on well.ca they have some of the same products but not the whole line. Free shiping in Canada too which is rare.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterPython View Post
    If you look on well.ca they have some of the same products but not the whole line. Free shiping in Canada too which is rare.
    Yeah when I asked Laurie about that she said that well.ca is the only place in Canada that carries their adult line.. go fig.. she said that other companies find it weird and are reluctant.. They only other company she said that carries their product is Changing Times Diaper Company - out of the U.S. I guess they order them in bulk, cut the Rearz tag off and sow on their own, lol.. well, if you can make a buck I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Knom View Post
    Yeah when I asked Laurie about that she said that well.ca is the only place in Canada that carries their adult line.. go fig.. she said that other companies find it weird and are reluctant.. They only other company she said that carries their product is Changing Times Diaper Company - out of the U.S. I guess they order them in bulk, cut the Rearz tag off and sow on their own, lol.. well, if you can make a buck I guess.
    Unfortunately, Changing Times is going out of business. This is why I am glad Rearz was posted as a source for good cloth diapers.

Oh, and Knom, the reason I suggested they might re-word their statement is that it mentions that products are suitable for the AB/DL market and then adds on that they also work for those with incontinence. This implies that the AB/DL market is their first target, with the IC community being extra business they will support. If they want their product line to be viewed as for IC people first and then add on the AB/DL market for extra business, minor re-wording could easily change the way they are viewed. Do any marketing or sales together with psychology and this is apparent, it is all about 'first impressions'.

Quote Originally Posted by AnalogRTO View Post
    There are similarities in the product in what they look like, but that does not mean they are the same product. There is a world of difference between manufacturers doing stuff for cheap in places like China and those in the US, Canada, or Europe. The quality is easy to spot once you have both products to view in your hands.
    Have you seen the product by yourself ?
    If you read the product description you will find that its pretty much the same, so that makes me believe its a product made by nicediaper ( same absorbency, same materials and same picture).
    They also have listed a PUL pant that is made by nicediaper.
    I do believe they are reselling those, just like many sellers out there

Quote Originally Posted by mimster View Post
    Have you seen the product by yourself ?
    If you read the product description you will find that its pretty much the same, so that makes me believe its a product made by nicediaper ( same absorbency, same materials and same picture).
    They also have listed a PUL pant that is made by nicediaper.
    I do believe they are reselling those, just like many sellers out there
    I will freely admit I have not seen the product and cannot say for certain that they are the same or not. At the same time, I would ask the same question of you, whether or not you have compared both products in your hands against one another. It is possible they are re-selling, just as you say, I won't deny that.

However, if these are products she has designed and has professional manufacturers producing, then there maybe copyright and contractual issues if they are selling her products (even though they manufactured them). Of course, those pesky laws and contracts have never stopped companies in China from trying to make an extra buck or few.