Ok, here's an idea. Just tell me if you like it or not.
1. I save up 20,000 dollars twenty years from now. Buy five used cars (the savings and price adjusted for inflation) with the money.
2. I kill my parents, or they die, or whatever.
3. With the front lawn (or back), I park the cars and rent the cars out to homeless people for 10 dollars a week per person.
4. I can also rent out the basement and garage, and even install a free-2-use toilet, sink, and a cheapass heater/lighting. Basement/garage cots (I'll throw down about four or five) will be 20 dollars a week.
5. All in all I could be making 800 dollars a month. And If I get a reputation AND keep the government from finding out... I could up the cars, add MOAR cots, maybe dig a latrine in the front lawn for the car dwellers... And make 2 grand a month!
Then I can rent the houses individual rooms to blue collar types... And triple my earnings.. I'd also of course offer instructions to get to local soup kitchens and AA meetings just so that if the police caught me and the DA charged me for housing ordinance violations I could pretend to be a "good samaritan with mental issues".