Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nite Pants (Kroger)/Sleep Comforts (CVS) Review

Default Nite Pants (Kroger)/Sleep Comforts (CVS) Review

I seem to notice a lot of people with a strong preference one way or another, for whatever reason, about buying online or buying from stores. Unfortunately, other than sticking with name-brands like "Depends" or "Goodnites" it's pretty hard to make an informed decision about which type of diaper to buy. Buy the wrong one, and your out $10-20, and depending on your living arrangements also your best chance to buy diapers. So, in order to help you make a more informed decision, I decided to try and review some of the brands that commonly appear in stores. This particular review is about the generic store brand Nite Pants from Kroger, which seem to be identical to the CVS Sleep Comforts, but generic store brands are not all the same (Walgreens, for example, is significantly different).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	678A0007.jpg 
Views:	3616 
Size:	153.6 KB 
ID:	5606

Appearance

These white pull-on style diapers remind me of the older late-90's plain white goodnites, and I don't say that lightly. I've seen a lot of comparisons to Goodnites with things like Walgreens Sleep Pants, and in the sense that they are white and used for children who wet the bed, I guess that's true, but (sparing my memory from that long ago) for better or worse it looks like they ripped off the old Goodnites design. Obviously these are white, so the cuteness factor is not applicable. There is a label in the back that is a little more purple than red I seem to remember in Goodnites, and they feel a bit more like paper, but if you're looking for that trip down memory lane without finding (and sinking a small fortune in) the rare vintage Goodnites, this might be what you need. Folded up, they feel thicker than Goodnites, but when wearing them they feel a little thinner; I attribute this to their sturdier sides.

Name:	678A0009.jpg 
Views:	5274 
Size:	159.7 KB 
ID:	5607Click image for larger version. 

Name:	678A0010.jpg 
Views:	4652 
Size:	161.8 KB 
ID:	5608

Fit

I'm reviewing the L/XL size, and they are gender-neutral. Expect around the same fit as modern Goodnites, but a little bit smaller and maybe a little tighter but more constrained front-to-back than waist-size. If you fit into one you will probably fit into the other. They're pull-ups style briefs without tear-away sides, so if you get them to fit you're not going to have to worry about them ripping off within an hour (Underjams, Walgreens Nite Pants, etc). Unlike Goodnites, their sides seem a bit stronger and they will retain about the same elasticity over the same length of time a Goodnite will wear out.

Absorbency

In terms of wicking and leak guards, these are some of the better diapers out there, but in terms of capacity they are maybe 1/2 to 1/3 the capacity of a Goodnite. If you flood them without reaching capacity then they will feel dry almost instantly, although they will appear noticeably wet/discolored from the outside (I'm not taking a picture of that). They will usually handle that one wetting better than a Goodnite, but then not handle anything else, while the Goodnite (if done more slowly) will hold more. From a practical standpoint, I could definitely see these being used for their intended purpose, and holding up fairly well, but the kind of long-term or heavy wear one might expect out of something like Abena/Bambino is pretty well out of the question.

Name:	678A0014.jpg 
Views:	1827 
Size:	173.1 KB 
ID:	5609Click image for larger version. 

Name:	678A0015.jpg 
Views:	2233 
Size:	149.0 KB 
ID:	5610

Overall

These are probably best for someone who misses the plain white vintage Goodnites (although if you live near Mexico...), and are a fairly practical product for their intended purpose. They can serve as a good alternative if you can't get Goodnites for some reason, or if you want plain white instead of colorful designs that have become normative for Goodnites/Underjams. If you aren't looking for one of those reasons, or you're looking for high capacity, you can probably do better for the price. However, Sleep Comforts / Nite Pants are pretty readily available, discreet, and plain, and they aren't complete garbage.

In terms of price, they cost a little more than Goodnites, but not by a whole lot; $9 for 12 pack of Nite Pants versus $20 for 28 pack of Goodnites, which reduces to $0.75/pant Kroger vs. $0.71/pant Goodnites. I'd recommend getting them from Kroger, since they won't be marked up like at CVS (they were $10, but I've seen pharmacies differ by an order of up to $2 for the same product).

Only thing that seems off is there are more expensive then Goodnites?

I dont know exact prices but when I see them they always seem to me a dollar or two less for the same amount of pants

Nite Pants are made by Kimberly Clark, the same company that makes Goodnites....so basically these are Goodnites...just no prints...

Odl9791

Thanks. I may have to score some of these.

Quote Originally Posted by Orcaway View Post
    Only thing that seems off is there are more expensive then Goodnites?

I dont know exact prices but when I see them they always seem to me a dollar or two less for the same amount of pants
    Goodnites are cheaper if bought in larger packages. So, if you pay $10-12 for a package of 12, then you are paying close to $1.00 per pant, which is more than Nite Pants. If you pay $20 for a pack of 28 Goodnites, then you may have paid more up front, but you paid less per-pant, and overall got a better deal.

That said, Nite Pants aren't much more expensive than Goodnites; if you buy 2 packages ($9.99 x 2 = $19.98 ~ $20), you get a total of 24 pants, which is 4 less than Goodnites ($19.99 ~ $20).

Quote Originally Posted by DanElmontan View Post
    Nite Pants are made by Kimberly Clark, the same company that makes Goodnites....so basically these are Goodnites...just no prints...
    Interesting; here all this time I thought they were a generic competing product keeping KC on their toes with Goodnites innovations. Now if I look real closely on the package, I can see a fine print mentioning KC. Nothing like that on the CVS package though.

These things are awesome, and extremely comfortable. The sides are really really sturdy and hold up well. Also they are just a little bit larger than Goodnights.

Quote Originally Posted by Bps View Post
    .Interesting; here all this time I thought they were a generic competing product keeping KC on their toes with Goodnites innovations. Now if I look real closely on the package, I can see a fine print mentioning KC. Nothing like that on the CVS package though.
    I have a feeling to make a product similar to goodnites you need to pay some royalties to KC.

Thing about the Mexican all-white Goodnites, the L/XL are 30-39 kg, which is about 66-86 pounds, so they are smaller than Goodnites in the US :\

Quote Originally Posted by Dryper94 View Post
    Thing about the Mexican all-white Goodnites, the L/XL are 30-39 kg, which is about 66-86 pounds, so they are smaller than Goodnites in the US :\
    That's annoying. I think that was the same size as the L before the XL came out.

Are the mexican goodnites like modern goodnites but white, or are they more like the older goodnites with the softer and thicker padding?