Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If anyone's in the way of Irene, I hope you're getting out of the way...

Default If anyone's in the way of Irene, I hope you're getting out of the way...

Hey, I just hope everyone on the east coast of the United States is getting out of the way of this storm. I have a friend in the way of it, stationed at Norfolk Naval Base, and he's staying put for his job on the base as a meteorologist for the Navy.

I just hope everyone gets out of the way and that this one is not as bad as they are saying it will be.

WildThing121675

SurfinSeaLion

I have to evacuate my house on lbi till the storm passes. :[

They're sending the fleet out to sea,WildThing. It's been all over our news. You wouldn't think some of the big ships would be affected, but a hurricane is a powerful event.

With perpetration, comes safety. However some people NEVER learn and those people are idiots. They even exist in local/state governments.

Example, New orleans get's hit with a hurricane and all hell breaks loose on just about every level possible. Leevee's broke since local government didn't want to do jack shit to reenforce them when they had time to do. the state government din't do anything good by letting the highway systems get clogged with cars. They could of easily used school buses to transport people even out of state to say northern texas or anywhere else. Then there's the segment of the public that looted shit. On where the local government again, failed.

Again, it's idiot's that don't plan out for natural distastes have hit for likely thousands of years in their regions. Yes hurricanes have impacted new york and all the eastern seaboard before. No you don't get to cry "But it's never happened before! How was I supposed to know?"

Just like I don't get to complain with a big earthquake hits here and knocks out my power or worse yet collapses my house.

I'm here, and staying. My parents think it's BS and nothing is going to happen. W/e.. Whatever happens, happens. Plus, I live like 1 mile away from a River, but up a really big hill from the river, so I should be okay. Just worried about the tornadoes. :/

SurfinSeaLion

Quote Originally Posted by Lexii View Post
    I'm here, and staying. My parents think it's BS and nothing is going to happen. W/e.. Whatever happens, happens. Plus, I live like 1 mile away from a River, but up a really big hill from the river, so I should be okay. Just worried about the tornadoes. :/
    Lexi you have some Brave Parents. What state are you in? In Jersey we could stay and be safe but we're leaving because its a mandatory evacuation. Well I hope everything goes your way! You should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfingman57 View Post
    Lexi you have some Brave Parents. What state are you in? In Jersey we could stay and be safe but we're leaving because its a mandatory evacuation. Well I hope everything goes your way! You should be fine.
    I'm in new york, close to MA.. I'm sure we'll be fine also. thanks.

Oh my gosh, I hope this hurricane isn't as bad as our news is making it sound. Please be safe everyone, and I hope no animals are hurt!

Quote Originally Posted by Mei View Post
    Oh my gosh, I hope this hurricane isn't as bad as our news is making it sound. Please be safe everyone, and I hope no animals are hurt!
    Media loves hyping shit up, however in this case that might be a good thing. As for animals 'im sure the wildlife knows whats up, as for any domesticated animals that were left with a opening bag of food and 5 gallon bowl of water. <_>

I'm right in the path I'm two hours from live near NYC by the capital. We got the national guard on high alert, and emergency departs from me, and my family has paired for worried with flash lights and getting food you don't need keep cold to eat. I have already tied down all my decks further and hope any other thing will not blow. However, if I have to go in the cellar it like the tornado movie. We got saw and stuff hanging from beams.