Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fav. Web Browser

Default Fav. Web Browser

Whats your fav. web browser. I have a feeling most people are going to sayFirefox. That was mine untill it started crashing, so I switched to Opera and I like it a lot better.

Seamonkey, based on the Mozilla codebase, but with the original html editor intact.

eah..I'm not to crazy about seamonkey

DannyTheNinja

Firefox. Hands down. Why?

First of all I'm a Linux user. The latest builds of Firefox (3.0.1) seem as stable as you can get under both Ubuntu and Fedora. Most of the time when it crashes, it's due to a closed-source third-party plugin like Flash. And I've never seen Firefox 3 crash under Windows XP.

Second, I do a lot of work as a web developer, and Firebug (+ FirePHP and YSlow) make for a really powerful combo. There is one bug in Firebug itself that's annoying me at the moment, though.

Third, Firefox is open source so the community can work to fix it. I know most mainstream users don't care about it a whole lot, especially Windows users, but personally I consider it very important because not having the freedoms associated with open source means that I can't hack it and potentially compatibility problems down the road. (For example, VMware Server 1.0.x doesn't run at all on Ubuntu Hardy.)

--Danny

Safari is my favorite. i hate firefox. Also, I have sweet spot for IE 6.

First of all I'm a Linux user. The latest builds of Firefox (3.0.1) seem as stable as you can get under both Ubuntu and Fedora. Most of the time when it crashes, it's due to a closed-source third-party plugin like Flash. And I've never seen Firefox 3 crash under Windows XP.

Second, I do a lot of work as a web developer, and Firebug (+ FirePHP and YSlow) make for a really powerful combo. There is one bug in Firebug itself that's annoying me at the moment, though.

Third, Firefox is open source so the community can work to fix it. I know most mainstream users don't care about it a whole lot, especially Windows users, but personally I consider it very important because not having the freedoms associated with open source means that I can't hack it and potentially compatibility problems down the road. (For example, VMware Server 1.0.x doesn't run at all on Ubuntu Hardy.)

--Danny
    I'm with Dan 100% on this -- I agree completely with ya here. I've only had FF3 crash once on me, which was indeed because of a 3rd party plugin, so not FF's fault.

Although FF on the Mac is horrid. Safari wins hands down on the fruit.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyTheNinja View Post

--Danny
    :whs0be:

Firefox definitely, I really don't like Opera and find that people that do are trying to be 'different.'

Quoted for shared opinion and truth.