Thread: Landing zones?

Question Landing zones?

Hey guys, sorry to post such a (probably) stupid thread... I just ordered a bunch of samples from xpmedical, trying to find what kind I like best, and I've heared consistantly that one of the few real problems many 'premium' diapers have is tape problems?

I've heared tell of using tape for a "landing zone" and "rubbing the tapes" to help them stick? I know litterally nothing about these tricks, and was hoping some more experienced members could give me some details?

Any other details on a good fit would be nice also (I'm totally new to this)

Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by malix View Post
    I've heared tell of using tape for a "landing zone" and "rubbing the tapes" to help them stick? I know litterally nothing about these tricks, and was hoping some more experienced members could give me some details?
    Some diapers come with a premade landing zone but you can easily make one yourself.
    Just tape on some clear packing tape where the diaper tapes normaly go.
    It makes it easier to adjust the diaper tapes without destroying the plastic shell of the diaper.

As to "rubbing the tapes". When you have taped up your diaper, put your thumb inside the diaper and gently rub the topside of the tape with your indexfinger.
    That helps the tape to get a good grip and i believe the heat from your fingers help the glue to adhere better.

Well the first thing to a good fit would be a diaper in your size range.
    Then just try different sorts to find the ones that fit you best (wich you already have done).

Just remember, bottom tapes first, top ones last.
    Not too loose around the legs but donīt too tight either (restricting bloodflow to your legs).

Hope this helps abit

Most premium diapers either have a plastic landing zone like bambinos for the tape to stick to; they can be retaped onto the zone - or they have two-level tapes; a white tape on top of a blue tape - stick the tape down on the diaper, then peel the white tape off if you want to temporarily untape, or need to adjust the fit.

As for rubbing, it usually makes the glue stick better to the diaper - typicaly more useful on the two-level tapes than a landing zone.

For fit, best I've found is bottom tapes point up and top tapes point down. Just means the legs pull tight and the back wraps round the waist well.

Hope this helps!

I have really never had an issue with getting tapes to stay. From what I hear, in the past, Abenas were less than reliable in this field, though they appear to have improved. I just bought a pack of the M4s off MedXP and am happy to report that I have had no issues with the tapes.

Quote Originally Posted by eeyore View Post
    For fit, best I've found is bottom tapes point up and top tapes point down. Just means the legs pull tight and the back wraps round the waist well.
    ...and also what he said, definitely. If you end up venturing out and trying the ABU SDKs or other single-tape models, pointing the tapes DOWN is essential!

Getting a onesie will also aid in having the diaper stay together. They're not just for a babyish feel, they actually are very useful. Also sagging will be pretty much eliminated.

They have an article here on the wiki about how to properly diaper yourself. It goes for premium and store brand diapers.

Make sure if you use powder, you make sure your hands are free of powder before you grab the tapes. Make sure your hands are clean and dry also.

Also rubbing the tapes does help the glue to stick better.

If it feels loosened after awhile, be sure to take the tape off slowly and gently. Abenas can easily rip the plastic away.

That self made tape landing zone is also a good idea. I wish companies would follow suit. Baby diapers had them for a long time now. Why not adult ones?!?

Good luck with your first go of premium diapers. You'll notice the difference right away with the softness, thickness, absorbancy, and how big the packages are. I know when I first tried Abena I was so excited. Just take your time when putting your first one on. Enyoy the experience!

Sent from my T-Mobile G1 using Tapatalk

Vroeger

Abena's tapes are fantastic. Whatever you do, they won't come loose. Tena's tapes are horrible. They easily come loose, not that the tape doesn't stick well to the landing zone, I mean that the whole tape just comes off the rear wing it is attached to, very bad.

Yeah tena tapes have a habit of coming loose which is pretty annoying but for this i find that a single piece of normal sticky tape over the top will prevent it from coming loose You normally only need them for the two bottom tapes because the top tapes on the tena (for some magical reason) will stay the way that you put them.

Vroeger

I think there's more (possibly sidewards) pressure on the botton tapes.