Thread: How to properly take measurements.

Default How to properly take measurements.

A Quick Guide On Measuring

It seems that many threads appear asking for advice on sizing. A few minutes could save the hassle of wasting money because you bought diapers that were too big, or having to ship back your order because your clothes are too small. Having proper measurements can save time and money.

You will need:
    - A fabric measuring tape
    - String or yarn and a ruler

Taking Measurements For Diapers

For proper fitting you will need two very important measurements, waist and hips. For males waist and hip measurements will usually be very close, however most females have larger hips than their waist. So let's get started.

Take your measuring tape or your string and keep it at the top of your hip bone all the way across.

Measure the widest part of your butt. Make sure you it is the widest part and that it is even all the way around.

Measuring is not as complicated as it seems. Take the larger of the two numbers and use that one to determine your diaper size.

If you are using a string and ruler , hold your placement of where the two ends meet and lay it down next a ruler. Make the string is not too taught or loose. You can even mark your spot with a different colored marker to make sure your measurements are more accurate.

When taking measurements it is important to keep the tape snug but not too loose or not too tight. Stand up as straight as possible to prevent slouching and stay as relaxed as possible. Sucking in your stomach is not going to help you.

If anyone would like to know how to take certain measurements for clothing and the such please let me know here in this thread and I will try to get back to you as soon as possible.

I hope this helps!~

Simple enough that anyone with the basic necessities can pull it off. Good write-up

I officially recommend this to be an article. :]

If you Google Very Special Clothes, Aunt Vie has a good article on how to measure. She also mentions the shoulder to crotch measurement which many adult baby clothes suppliers need.

If you're about to order a crate of diapers of a design you've not worn before it's worth checking if you can buy samples first. You can often buy 1-5 diapers (admittedly at an increased price per diaper) and see if they fit you. I tried this recently with Tena Slip Pluses to make sure they would fit me correctly.

Get some forum friendly pictures and I will gladly nominate this to be a tutorial article!

All the Best!