Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Laptop

Default New Laptop

Alright so for a while now I've been thinking about getting a new laptop, I would still keep my tower, but get a laptop.

I don't care how good it is, as long as it doesn't run REALLY slow, I could tolerate a little slower than this computer, plus I would really want it to have vista, but I guess it doesn't have to have it.

I found one on the net for $102 and it seems to have really god specs, plus it has vista, this was a huge surprise to me, although it has a day left on it and it's on ebay so... I'm willing to go up to 160 before I wait until Christmas (the time I get all my money, I get 100 for Christmas and around 120-150 for bday, wich my bday is in january.)

Right now I only have $250 WEWT for unemployment!

HP Pavilion dv6500 1.7Ghz 1GB 160GB DVD-RW Vista Laptop - eBay (item 320280268295 end time Aug-04-08 19:24:34 PDT)

What do you guys think? I've talked it over with my mom, and she cannot find ONE good reason to stop me, so should I buy it? It's only going to be for surfing the web, listening to music, and talking online with friends. Should I wait until I have enough money for a better one?

It seems oddly inexpensive. Is it new or used? If it's used, I suppose the price is reasonable, but does it have problems. If it's new, it sounds to good to be true. HP is a little down on Consumers Reports repair record, but all of the major brands are pretty much the same, and I understand that they are all made in the same factory in China. So if it's new, I don't see how you can go wrong for what you want to do with it.

No it's used and the guy who's selling it is nice enough to say that it has a few dents in scratches but works really well, and he has like a 98.2% feedback, might be more I forget, but me and my mom looked at all the feedback, and the red ones were all either a bunch of flamers who decided to start hating him, or they had no reason to give him a red mark.

Alright I have to restart my computer again -.-, I'm updating it A LOT, hoping that it fixes a lot of the crap on my computer, I'll talk when I get back

What are your computer specs sam? I assume you like laptops cause if youw ere to use it for anything other than that, eg the awesomeness of gaming, desktop would > the crap out of it.

plus I would really want it to have vista, but I guess it doesn't have to have it.
    *gasp* Stick with XP bro, seriously!

and, Mr. Alex, that's incredibly inaccurate... lol

That laptop is a great deal, go on and get it. Install a fresh copy of XP on it, and enjoy the mobility of a laptop ^_^!

my specs as of now on this computer are,

Physical Memory : 3072 MB
    Processor : Intel Pentium 4 550 @ 3400 MHz
    Mainboard : Dell 0J3492
    Video Card : ATI Radeon X300/X550/X1050 Series
    Hard Disk : ST3160023AS (160 GB)

The reason I'm buying it is for school work, and so I can surf the interwebz and chat with friends not having to sit at my desk.... yeah

Alright thank your MM =D, but I kinda wanna keep Vista, i dunno though.

You'll think differently later heh!

but heck, even your desktops specs are a bit above average by today's standards. hopefully sometime one of these days we can chat about getting your laptop to be your mainstream social PC and your desktop as your backbone!

That would be insane, but once I actually get a paying job =/, my job (dad, typo) offered to pay me 50 bucks if I got my hair cut as short as his (not happening) I refuse to get it cut so they are doing everything they can XD.

Edited for typos will be marked

Alright so my mom told me that tomorrow she will buy it which makes me ! I just hope it stay's under 160... if it's 160 then it will be 190 because of shipping.

I plan on keeping Vista because my friend has it, and I like it A LOT more than XP, it doesn't give him many problems, and they will probably change a lot of the bugs in it later.