Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First pack Dry 24/7's

Smile First pack Dry 24/7's

Just got my package of Dry 24/7's this morning, thought I'd post my thoughts thus far... When first putting one on, in comparison to Bambino or Secure X-Plus, I noticed that the padding is narrower at the front and back, yet, wider in the crotch, and the waist band is higher in front and back. I normally wear medium diapers, and I have medium Dry 24/7's. Absorbtion, VERY good, these things feel like they will hold ALOT! Also noticed that I had to pull the tapes to the point of almost touching each other side to side to make them fit snug; they are defenitely a larger fit than standard sized diapers. Interstingly enough, I opened the package with my wife beside me, and upon pulling the first one out, she looked at it curiously, and said, "There's no prints! They're kinda boring! Except for the wetness indicator, which is great for caretakers of disabled, or incontinent people.... I like the ones that say 'Baby' on them (Bambino Classico), or the ones that have printing all over with purple edges. (ABU Cushies)" This is also the comment she made when i showed her a Bambino Bianco... I told her that everyone on ADISC says Dry 24/7 are the BEST diaper on the market, so I had to try them out for myself. I don't know yet if I will buy Dry 24/7's again, due to cost, and lack of the baby-ish-ness, but I will use this package to the fullest extent possible, and keep ADISC posted on my findings. Sorry for the book...

Quote Originally Posted by Nick1982 View Post
    Sorry for the book...
    Don't worry. Quantity, in a forum, usually leads to better quality. Its better than just saying:

"They fit different and are thicker and bigger and my wife lol'd at them the end."

Anyway, when you get the chance don't be shy to give your testimonial about them people here love to hear what others have to say about certain diapers especially top of the line brands. We want to know lots. Tell us how long one diaper lasts, tell us if its really comfortable to wear just one all day long, give us some juicy details like how good the press out is, weather or not the padding clumps and falls to the crotch area, how well it does to give that "dry" feeling. Most importantly, tell us it was wort every penny you spent on them because those suckers are expensive and expensive diapers tend to live up to how much they cost.

Any chance you could post a few pictures of the Dry 24/7 and the package itself?
    Much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by ptisimba View Post
    Any chance you could post a few pictures of the Dry 24/7 and the package itself?
    Much appreciated.
    If I get some time, I will definitely see what I can do.

My first case of Dry 24/7 I was a little disappointed in. All the diapers in probably three bags had black spots all over them and was very unappealing. The tapes are incredibly strong but the plastic backing wasn't so much and would tear if stretched enough and not even that much. I also didn't care for the color of the large but I knew what I was getting so not really complaining about that, but since large seemed a bit too large on me maybe I could go down to a medium and get that classic white color. Aside from those complaints I think it's a great diaper, and I also think I might have just got a bad batch but won't know until I try them again.

Quote Originally Posted by cobine View Post
    My first case of Dry 24/7 I was a little disappointed in. All the diapers in probably three bags had black spots all over them and was very unappealing. The tapes are incredibly strong but the plastic backing wasn't so much and would tear if stretched enough and not even that much. I also didn't care for the color of the large but I knew what I was getting so not really complaining about that, but since large seemed a bit too large on me maybe I could go down to a medium and get that classic white color. Aside from those complaints I think it's a great diaper, and I also think I might have just got a bad batch but won't know until I try them again.
    black spots? are you sure they didn't get mold in them or something because that sounds like something happened between making and packaging. also did you contact whomever you bought them from for an explanation as to why they had that?

I use dry 24/7's as my night time / going to be out for a while diaper. They are excellent at what they do. Their tapes are fantastic, the wicking kind of stinks. Basically it will wick where you pee, so it is possible to drench the front or back of this diaper while the other side is bone dry. At first this led me to think, oh, this diaper still has a lot of capacity left. WRONGO! It will leak if flooded repeatedly in the same section even if the rest of the diaper is dry. This might make you think you are wasting the diaper, but the capacity is still quite amazing!

This is why the Fabine Exclusive "supposedly" will be so great is because it boasts that same absorption but also spreads it all over the diaper.
    I think you will be very satisfied with dry 24/7s. They are excellent!

I didn't contact anybody I just threw them out. It might have been mold because it was in the padding and not in the plastic and I assume they don't use any kind of coloring in the padding since it's white.

Quote Originally Posted by cobine View Post
    I didn't contact anybody I just threw them out. It might have been mold because it was in the padding and not in the plastic and I assume they don't use any kind of coloring in the padding since it's white.
    well depending on where you got them from, if it was the company or a medical supply place you should have filed a complaint and they would have either refunded you or got you a good batch that werent damaged. also if it was in the padding then those diapers had to have been wet by something for the mold to grow hence something had to have gone amiss

I wasn't too worried about getting my money back or a new batch, plus it was about half a year ago.