Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Holodeck

Default Holodeck

I was thinking about this, if you had a holodeck room in your house & it had a huge storage capacity for programs that you designed, what would you use it for?

For those who do not know what a holodeck is, it was introduced it Star Trek: The Next Generation & could create/re-create almost anything you could come up with!!

I would love a HOLOdeck. I think it would be a McDonald's playplace type room. With tubes and balls and such. Of course it would have to change my size, too, so i could enjoy the room.

Being a huge Trek fan I've thought about this quite a bit.

I would be able to do things I'd never be allowed to do in real life because the safe guards would kick in and keep me from fatal injury. Such as

jump off Angel falls

Awesome,

A holodeck....way cool...

Yep I've been to a star trek convention and yes I bought Spock ears in like 89 or something...

Back on topic.

Safe guards are good, but takes something away if you really can't get hurt.

Anyhow, yes an entire little kids park, water slides, ball crawl, the whole nine yards, and yes to be small enough to enjoy it all.

and of course someone to push me around in my stroller...etc...

B

I guess I'd use it to indulge in all the things society says no to - so not only the adult play pen idea, but a lot of reality simulators where I can just do what I want - fast cars, guns, etc. - basically an epic video game.

Of course, the holodeck brings in the whole worry of getting addicted/real life not good enough anymore - see inception/matrix/existenz for the gist of my worries!

thatkamikid

I would baby myself all the time. To make myself able to pee, I would trap myself on a island with hot japanese women so I can get rid of the boner. Besides that, I would go crazy and be this bloody god of war and death. I would be the leader of utopian society with no law and no need to work. I would play game scenarios too.

WOW... that is some fantasy room there.

(FYI... I love T.K., but little T.K. is so much cooler than older T.K.)(your avatar)

Quote Originally Posted by Khaymen View Post
    Being a huge Trek fan I've thought about this quite a bit.

I would be able to do things I'd never be allowed to do in real life because the safe guards would kick in and keep me from fatal injury. Such as

jump off Angel falls
    That sounds scary... but sure, why not? I'd do all kinds of things that I'd never even ever consider in real life.

I'd probably also have a bunch of holodeck programs based on animes, video games, movies, and TV shows. I'd definitely add furry characters to stuff too. There is no doubt at all that I would create AB/DL scenarios.

Quote Originally Posted by eeyore View Post
    I guess I'd use it to indulge in all the things society says no to - so not only the adult play pen idea, but a lot of reality simulators where I can just do what I want - fast cars, guns, etc. - basically an epic video game.

Of course, the holodeck brings in the whole worry of getting addicted/real life not good enough anymore - see inception/matrix/existenz for the gist of my worries!
    You said pretty much what I think too.

The sad thing is... real life isn't good enough anyway. And.... I am reminded of Lt. Reginald Barclay.

But hopefully someday, sooner rather than later, I will think reality isn't so bad. I'll still definitely be looking forward to realistic virtual reality in the future though. Hopefully it will exist in my lifetime.

I wish I could lucid dream, or control what I dream about, but I haven't had too much luck with it so far. I don't know if I need to try harder or what.

I would use it to play many, many of my favorite games. I would also use it to experience situations I would normally be afraid of driving, for instance. Lastly of course AB stuff but not a lot.

Anyways the problem with a holodeck is no one would ever willingly leave it to go preform a job most of us hate.

I would just play a Holonovle of winnie the po