Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AB/DL Cartoon (1938)

Default AB/DL Cartoon (1938)

It's called "Boy Meets Dog". It is about a mean dad who gets turned into a baby. LOL

That was....creepy. Anyone else notice the dad's Hitler mustache?

That was...interesting and a bit odd. It does make me want to watch other cartoons from that era, though. My family has a VCR of short cartoons from roughly the same era, and I remember I used to enjoy watching them as a kid. None of them were quite as odd as this one, though.

Edit: Here's one of my favorites: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_k0Z0tRCmvA
    Last edited by HogansHeroes; 16-Aug-2011 at 06:57.

So much singing

Thats how you can tell if a man is guilty or not guilty of a crime not by Due Process but finding out if he Massagers his gums are not.

All this money in courts to waste

haha~ The judge had the best entrance ever. I miss cartoons where everything was done with singing XD it's so random but life would be insanely fun if that's how it was.

Anyway, very....interesting cartoon....

If this was made today, the kid would have called animal control instead of bringing the puppy home and we'd turn it into some anti-pitbull rabies propaganda.

Also, the quality and singing makes this seem like something that could be satanic and cursed if played backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by HogansHeroes View Post
    That was...interesting and a bit odd. It does make me want to watch other cartoons from that era, though. My family has a VCR of short cartoons from roughly the same era, and I remember I used to enjoy watching them as a kid. None of them were quite as odd as this one, though.

Edit: Here's one of my favorites: Felix the Cat - The Goose that Laid the Golden Egg (1936) - YouTube
    Being a WWII buff, I also enjoy cartoons from this era, as well as movies and music. Also, the cartoon you showed was an example of not just a good cartoon, but a piece of art. It's too bad they don't make cartoons like that anymore. Thanks for sharing.

So, this father must have been the original Hank Hill. An asshole of a dad, with a son named Bobby, who thinks there's something wrong with his kid.

Quote Originally Posted by SlowBro View Post
    So, this father must have been the original Hank Hill. An asshole of a dad, with a son named Bobby, who thinks there's something wrong with his kid.
    ^ So true.

itzallgood

Very interesting video.
    I have seen it in the past.