Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An over sized room would be cool

Default An over sized room would be cool

Not just over sized furniture, but an over sized room with over sized furniture in it to make you feel little. E.g if the roof was higher, and ALL the furniture was bigger it might give you the illusion of being really small again. It would be way expensive and it would take a lot of planning to determine what size stuff should be proportionally, but if it worked...damn that would be awesome.

Ya that would be awesome! Lol

---
    - Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Only trouble is the room would need to have a large width as well as a higher than normal height. Using a bed as an example. it's not enough for the bed to be taller than normal, it would have to be a bit wider and longer than normal to make it look proportionally normal as though you would see it when you were little. Not only would furniture have to be taller, it would have to be wider/longer too. You'd need a fairly large room to accomplish this, the logistics would be fairly difficult.

I have dreamed of having a room such as the one you have described! It would truly be amazing.

I saw something about an exhibit that did this once. Don't know if it was a whole room or just specific pieces.. but they basically had furniture scaled up to show adults what a baby's perspective would be.

Quote Originally Posted by BoundCoder View Post
    I saw something about an exhibit that did this once. Don't know if it was a whole room or just specific pieces.. but they basically had furniture scaled up to show adults what a baby's perspective would be.
    It was a pampers sponsored thing. I saw some writing on it, it's designed to give parents and in general anyone what a baby's perspective is. Such as wall outlet's being as tall as you are, if saw you were a crawling infant.

Anyways if you want to try out something interesting lay on your back on the floor and look up at the ceiling, you'll pretty much feel really small. Effect is even better if your in a large, high ceiling family room.

Very nice idea. It could be incorporated in an adult nursery, which could be a locked, special room in a relatively normal house! The logistics may be a bit more difficult - it would require a home owner to completely remodel the room structures, and you need a pretty large house to do so. You'll have to sacrifice something the size two existing bedrooms on two different floors, basically, and what's left can only be used as storage space. Someone get me an architect and two million bucks! =P

Quote Originally Posted by Albasion View Post
    Very nice idea. It could be incorporated in an adult nursery, which could be a locked, special room in a relatively normal house! The logistics may be a bit more difficult - it would require a home owner to completely remodel the room structures, and you need a pretty large house to do so. You'll have to sacrifice something the size two existing bedrooms on two different floors, basically, and what's left can only be used as storage space. Someone get me an architect and two million bucks! =P
    I think the sheer scale (if you went actual full scale that is) of this would preclude using a normal house.

I think you'd need an abandoned aircraft hanger or warehouse or something to have the kind of space you'd need to really pull off the effect.

Would be totally awesome though!
    Last edited by BoundCoder; 14-Aug-2011 at 23:55. Reason: typo (off vice of)

Quote Originally Posted by BoundCoder View Post
    I think the sheer scale (if you went actual full scale that is) of this would preclude using a normal house.

I think you'd need an abandoned aircraft hanger or warehouse or something to have the kind of space you'd need to really pull off the effect.

Would be totally awesome though!
    Well, if you want an exact scale... it would depend a lot on whether you want a baby or a toddler perspective. Most 'ABs' (which is not the most accurate description to be honest =P) seem to prefer to play as a toddler (at least I do), and a toddler is half the size of a large adult, while a baby is only about a third the size. This means that, for an 'adult toddler' bedroom, you need to double all of the normal measurements, which is possible in some of the larger houses... but if you want to triple them, that's a completely different thing. In that case, you'll need an empty warehouse or something, like you pointed out.