Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dead monster Washes Ashore, Cloverfield flees for life.

Default Dead monster Washes Ashore, Cloverfield flees for life.

Some crazy animals just washed up on the shores of Montauk, which, if I'm not mistaken, is in Long Island. It seems only a single picture of the creature was taken, by Jenna Hewitt (a local), before being carted off by some old guy (who wanted to mount it on his wall).
    Here's the first source of the picture:
    Procrastination Optimized - I was at a party this weekend and met a couple who...

And the first article on it:
    Good Luck With Your Hell Demons: Dead Monster Washes Ashore in Montauk

The person who took the photo says it's not a viral marketing scheme, but some people think it is. There's a bunch of witnesess though.
    Here's a New York Magazine article on it:
    Investigating the Montauk Monster: The Story Deepens! -- Daily Intel -- New York News Blog -- New York Magazine

Run down of different theories:
    Good Luck With Your Hell Demons: Montauk Monster Madness Spreads

Personaly, I think someone got clever with with modeling glue and different animal parts. Sort of looks like a turtle without a shell. Or s partialy decomposed rodent or something. It looks too good to be photoshopped, even though some people (wizzs at photoshop, I can imagine) think they've found proof it's been shopped.
    Kinda cool though, whatever you think.

It's also on CNN:
    Good Luck With Your Hell Demons: Montauk Monster Scare Gets All the Way to the C-N-N

O.O i would be scared to find it

i hope its real.......... that would be cool

I've got no opinion on it, personally. New species of creature? Cool. Viral marketing campaign? Brilliant. A corpse in advanced stages of decomposition modified by its aquatic travel? Perhaps.

Either way, it's pretty cool to see the buzz it's kicked up!

It's too convenient that someone came and swiped it before anybody else saw it. That lone is enough to raise suspicion.

Er...this didn't just happened...it happened about 4 days ago...from what I hear it's a viral marketing campaign for Cloverfield 2

Quote Originally Posted by chevre View Post
    It's too convenient that someone came and swiped it before anybody else saw it. That lone is enough to raise suspicion.
    Yea, turns out one of the witnesess has it's remains at his house. They aren't willing to release information on where exactly it is untill a scientist does some tests on it. (Don't know where that story of the old man mounting it on his wall came from.)

Also, another photo:

Does this proove that it's not shopped? I don't know much about photoshop, but it is the same creature in both photos.

Some crazy animals just washed up on the shores of Montauk, which, if I'm not mistaken, is in Long Island.
    Correct! I'm on the opposite side of Long Island though, so It's about a 30-40 minute drive from here on the Belt or Northern State Pkwy to cross into Suffolk county from here in Nassau, but it's close! Very, very rich real estate there. Lots of $$$!

And apparently the remains are either really, really fake, or really, really real. To me, it looks like a form of Pitbul, but also reminds me of a rhino and a hippo.

Put those, put those, put those sleep-inducing ice-cubes in those powdered donuts!