Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Absolute capacity

Default Absolute capacity

ok. well being as, alot of diaper companies lie about how much their diaper can hold. I figure how about we all post up our experiences with diaper capacity.

NAME:
    CAPACITY:
    FEATURES:

Sticky potential? would for sure help.
    i would post but i ran out of ATN's, more should be here monday. other than that, i haven't really had much of an experience testing capacity.

SO FAR. PLEASE NOTE, WETTINGS CAN VARY BY PERSON, I AM TAKING ADVICE FROM FELLOW MEMBERS. I HOPE IT HELPS, AND ALSO, NAMES OF THE DIAPER/NAPPY MAY BE DIFFERENT THAN IN STORES/ONLINE.

Abena X-plus
    about 3-4 wettings

Attends extended wear
    about 2-3 wettings

Attends style 10
    about 2 wettings

Bambino Printed
    about 4 wettings

Depend Maximum Protection
    about 2 wettings

Depend Super plus absorbency
    about 1-2 wettings

Dry 24/7
    about 4-5 wettings

Goodnites
    about 1.5 wettings

Secure X-plus
    about 3-4 wettings

Tranquility ATN
    about 3-4 wettings
    Last edited by melancollie; 04-Aug-2008 at 04:20. Reason: adding info

well abena x-plus held 3 wettings for me once. No idea how many oz that is but I got sick of wearing the diaper before I had to change it.

The attends style 10 with out the leg gathers and waistband held like 2 wettings but you had to let it out slow other wise it would flood and leak.

Depends fitted maximum could hold two wettings as well.

I don't like wetting my diapers so I used water instead.

Girls goodnites L/XL held about 17 ounces (it would've held more but I decided to stop because I wanted to wear it without it leaking). I had to pour the water slowly though, otherwise it would've leaked all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by fantasy View Post

Girls goodnites L/XL held about 17 ounces (it would've held more but I decided to stop because I wanted to wear it without it leaking). I had to pour the water slowly though, otherwise it would've leaked all over the place.

That seems like a waste of diapers...

Seconded.

Abena x-plus hold the most of any diaper I've ever worn. Secure x-plus are very, very close but don't seem to fit me right (gaps at the legs). Tranquility ATN would be third for me, which is what I usually wear if I need a "day diaper" to be discreet.

As far as capacity, since i wet in small amounts often, I haven't actually measured. But I can wear the abena all night and well in to the next day if I want to.

Features wise, the problem with diapers like abena and ATNs are the tapes, which is where Secure really wins. I just wish they fit better.

Quote Originally Posted by fantasy View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Pojo View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Alex View Post
    Seconded.
    Some people just like the feeling of a wet diaper. So to say it's a waste isn't fair. It probably was not a waste for him if he enjoyed the experience. For you, it would be.

Neither of you even posted any helpful information relating to this topic. If you ask me, that was a waste of post. But seriously, you both have the right to share your thoughts yes? I won't stop you from doing that, it would be wrong. But can I suggest sticking to the topic?

Anyway, I really like to test different diapers to see how much they can hold. And sadly I've only tried a few. Depends pull-ups can hold 1 wetting, if you let it go slowly. Would strongly NOT recommend buying them. The depends diapers however can hold around 2 to 3 wettings, and you still have to go slowly.

Dry24/7 are an excellent diaper in my book. They can hold several good wettings and not leak. From what I remember I think it can hold about 4-5 good wettings.

Attends extended wear are really nice, the tapes can be adjusted many times to get the perfect fit. They hold around 2-3 wettings, maybe more..

Quote Originally Posted by awesomeness787 View Post
    Neither of you even posted any helpful information relating to this topic. If you ask me, that was a waste of post. But seriously, you both have the right to share your thoughts yes? I won't stop you from doing that, it would be wrong. But can I suggest sticking to the topic?
    I wonder how could I be able to exactly measure the absolute capacity of a diaper, since that's what the OP originally requested. Taking the "number of wettings" as a measure unit is too subjective, since everyone's wettings are different, provided that the proper way to use a diaper is - as baseball4life19 pointed out - doing it in small amounts so that it gets absorbed more uniformly.

I think one of the possible ways would be to measure the weight of the diaper after having taken it off, but I've never done it myself, and the results I could obtain won't be objective since I nearly always wear boosters inside my diapers. What I can for sure confirm is that Abriforms are without any doubt the most "heavy-duty" and best designed diapers I've ever tried.

Quote Originally Posted by quattrus View Post
    I wonder how could I be able to exactly measure the absolute capacity of a diaper, since that's what the OP originally requested. Taking the "number of wettings" as a measure unit is too subjective, since everyone's wettings are different, provided that the proper way to use a diaper is - as baseball4life19 pointed out - doing it in small amounts so that it gets absorbed more uniformly.

I think one of the possible ways would be to measure the weight of the diaper after having taken it off, but I've never done it myself, and the results I could obtain won't be objective since I nearly always wear boosters inside my diapers. What I can for sure confirm is that Abriforms are without any doubt the most "heavy-duty" and best designed diapers I've ever tried.
    That's not a bad idea, though you would probably need a more accurate/fine measuring scale, as it is going to measure in single pounds, probably, rather than 10's or 20's as most house scales do.

If an accurate measurement is necessary, I think it would be enough to use a precision scale, weighing the dry diaper, then the same diaper after the use, and therefore calculating the amount of liquids it has absorbed.

In medical tests, this is one of the conventional methods used to determine the amount of urine that bedwetters release during sleep.