Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: I Can't Wait For Winter!

Default I Can't Wait For Winter!

I've been miserable through the whole summer! I used to love summer back when we would get summer breaks from school. But, now I hate it!

Diapers are so uncomfortable to wear. The temperature has been 98F degrees with 100% humidity. Plus lightning struck my a/c unit in back and it doesn't work. All of a sudden the a/c in my vehicle stopped working. I deliver pizza during the day. It feels like I'm in an oven when I'm driving.

I miss cold weather so much! You can fix that with a coat or diaper underneath! You can't adjust to heat at all! Fall being like a month away, it seems like an eternity!

Who else is ready for winter to come!

Sent from my T-Mobile G1 using Tapatalk

Yep, I know exactly what you mean. Where I live it averages around 30 - 35 degrees (85 - 90 F), and I have no AC in my house. Diaper wearing is no where close to feasible.

Look on the bright side: At least the pizzas stay warm until their destination!

I am definitely ready for Winter. Texas had like 40 straight days of 100+ degree weather and every one of those days made me hate life. I'd shake my fist at the sun every day, but it still kept shining...bastard sun.

I'm worried that with how hot it's been we'll see another Winter with 2-3 feet of snow. I moved from Colorado to Texas to get AWAY from snow, jeez!

Summer isn't long enough. I'm not ready for winter at all. I didn't get to go swimming very much this summer. Also, It's torture to live in this house during the winter. Take my word for it. Old, dirty, unsafe furnace. House with crappy insulation. I hope we have a mild winter, but somehow I doubt it. If this house wasn't so old, then maybe winter wouldn't be so horrible.

I do like hugging a plushie and hiding under a warm blanket, but it doesn't do enough to cancel out the horrors of winter.

I think a lot of people over here in Europe are hoping summer will arrive soon actually!
    It's been a bit of a wash out over here so far this year, noticeably cooler (~10C where I am) and wetter than usual

alu

come to the uk ,up in london were lucky if we get a week of sun and a temprature of 77 F ,cant wait for the end of august when summer comes properly for a few weeks

Fuck the fucking winter! Michigan already gets six fucking months of winter, with cold and snow and bullshit weather, and I ain't at all ready for it to start yet. Last year, we got the first snow in November and the last snow in April. Seriously, six months of long commutes, layers and layers and layers of clothing, waiting for the heat to work in the car, shoveling the walks and driveway, no serious cycling, and being generally stuck indoors.

Fuck winter sideways with a rusty pole!

Quote Originally Posted by alu View Post
    come to the uk ,up in london were lucky if we get a week of sun and a temprature of 77 F ,cant wait for the end of august when summer comes properly for a few weeks
    Yeah I'm originally from the UK, north of England to be exact, so I know what you mean!
    Here it's normally 30-35C with clear skys this time of year, but so far it's been hovering around 20C with clouds and occasional rain

Absorin

@xbabyx: Ah! My sentiments exactly! And here in Amsterdam winters even don't get cold like they do in Michigan... But right now I could do with a real summer. This rainy shite sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by ShippoFox View Post
    Summer isn't long enough. I'm not ready for winter at all. I didn't get to go swimming very much this summer. Also, It's torture to live in this house during the winter. Take my word for it. Old, dirty, unsafe furnace. House with crappy insulation. I hope we have a mild winter, but somehow I doubt it. If this house wasn't so old, then maybe winter wouldn't be so horrible.

I do like hugging a plushie and hiding under a warm blanket, but it doesn't do enough to cancel out the horrors of winter.
    i can understand that shippofox my house i think is at least over a hundred years old now and its crappy in the wintertime and my room is fridgid most of the time because i have a huge room with only one teeny tiny vent and its partially covered by a toybox thats heavy so i get stuck freezing