Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: are there *b/dl's in third world countries?

Default are there *b/dl's in third world countries?

i know we have people on here from around the world, but in places like africa or asia or anywhere else that has computers yet a lack of decent income or there's child labor, etc. do you think some of those people are undiscovered *b/dl's or do you think they're unaffected by diapers?

Well in some tribes in africa, you go through a test (i.e. jumping over a cow...yes, it was on Discovery Channel) to prove you are a man.

I would think there would be infantilistic behavior or desires, but that it might manifest itself in different ways since the culture and customs would be different. There seems to be a commonality among all people regarding their wants, needs and desires. But naturally customs and practices are going to change some of the outward actions.

People in 3rd world countries are not a different species, of course some are. I seriously doubt they have much knowledge of it though.

In the assumed sense, definitely not. However, if you were to broaden the definition of an ABDL to include anyone with a great desire to return to childhood, you'll find that the situation is prevalent in just about every community; this is usually rooted out at the first opportunity, though. In first-world countries, freedom of expression, sexuality, and beliefs tends to supercede the views of society as a whole, so you can get away with it. In third-world countries, it's all one can do to survive. Even if you had such desires, the chances are extremely good that you would not notice, or purge them, or file them away as just one more pleasure that the rich man can indulge.

Well, the definition of third country you're sugesting certainly doesn't reflect my country's situation, but just too answer the question, I'm from Brazil.

Peachy

Quote Originally Posted by BrBaby View Post
    Well, the definition of third country you're sugesting certainly doesn't reflect my country's situation, but just too answer the question, I'm from Brazil.
    Because Brasil is not 3rd world, but rather 2nd...a term rarely used. I think they just call it "developing countries".

Peachy

Default (Semi O/T)

Quote Originally Posted by Peachy View Post
    Because Brasil is not 3rd world, but rather 2nd...a term rarely used. I think they just call it "developing countries".

Peachy
    Brazil is actually a sort of chimeric country, almost sui generis. It is developing, but it has a large industrial economy and is a major player in international trade. It is also a regional powerhouse. Some political scientists class it as a member of the so-called BRIC group (Brazil, Russia, India, and China), countries which are rapidly industrialising and becoming players in world politics and economics. Brazil's population, regional significance, and economic stature all make it rather more than a developing country, although it is not a member of the Group of Eight or the UN Security Council.

[FWIW, the first/second/third world categories are outmoded. They date back to the Cold War. Western democracies were the 'first' world, the second world was primarily the Eastern Bloc countries and Cuba, and the third world comprised most of Africa, a good chunk of South America, and parts of South East Asia. Now, the terminology tends to be developed and developing countries. Developing is seen as less pejorative, and LDC (least developed country) is used for particularly blighted countries. (Courtesy your resident politics/international relations pedant).]

As far as whether there are *B/DLs in third world countries? Probably so. But just as you're unlikely to see truly poor people on this website, poverty-stricken people in developing countries are unlikely to act on *B/DL urges. I would expect being hungry or living with AIDS to put proclivities like ours towards the background, as Incomplete Dude said. Even so, it's possible that the stress of trying to provide for your family or being forced to work a strenuous and dangerous job at a young age could make people long to retreat into a time when life was easier (although it's arguable no time is easy if you live in extreme poverty).

I agree. "Developed" has replaced "Western." No term exactly means the right thing anymore. All Czecholsovakia's - I mean Czech Republic's (& Georgia's) fault for modernizing so fast. And what to call the Chinas, Indias, Mexicos, Russias and the rest which contain highly developed & highly undeveloped regions in one nation, I dunno. Iraq, pre-invasion, had a modern medical system the envy of the middle east; now they are 3rd worlders. Are they developed? Developing? Redeveloping? Until recently developed? Maybe Monty Python can help. Or the artist up until a few years ago, then not for a bit, then again known as Prince.