Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An idea of how to conceal a dummy in public...

Default An idea of how to conceal a dummy in public...

I took my dummy with me today when I went out on the motorbike – only the second time I’ve ever ‘worn’ it in public. I did it once before but got too worried I would be seen. I had another go today and felt more confident about it. There was one time a guy crossing a crossroad gave me a funny look and I couldn’t tell if he was admiring the bike or if he had seen the dummy. Apart from that the experience as good, and I was out and about for a good hour.

Anyway, just thought I would share it with you and wondering if anyone else has sucked their dummy while riding a motorbike, or for that matter what other ways people have for concealing dummies while out in public.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	helmet 3 blanked.jpg 
Views:	246 
Size:	88.5 KB 
ID:	5436
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	helmet 2 blanked.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	83.3 KB 
ID:	5435  

If you take a spill that'll probably do a serious number on your teeth!

I use mine while driving on the highway most times. I keep a NUK5 in the visor pouch, and grab it after I get out of town.

If that's a picture of you in the helmet, I'd expect few folks would ever notice it, since the full-face covers your mouth and a face shield down would create glare. My advice would be just go for it!

But remember this, even if you're seen, who will know who you are? It's quite unlikely that you'll be driving beside friends, and what do you care if a stranger gets a laugh at your pleasure?

Perhaps some time I'll start a thread about being "caught" by the cops sleeping in my truck with my binkey in my mouth.....

My best to yo!

Binkey

Supersam1223

Quote Originally Posted by BoundCoder View Post
    If you take a spill that'll probably do a serious number on your teeth!
    That'd be a fun one to explain to the guys in the ambulance.

On another unrelated note; what bike do you ride?

Quote Originally Posted by supersam1223 View Post
    On another unrelated note; what bike do you ride?
    seconded.

I don't think it's necessarily dangerous to use a binky while you are riding your dirt bikes as the helmet does cover your jawbone to prevent biting your tongue and mouth when hitting something

I know I've used mine in the car while traveling. Its a nice feeling and relaxing, and there literally is no one else there in the car to bother me. I really could care less what people in other cars think, once out of town none of them know me anyway! My binky is quite visible to begin with, it's bright green!

I used to suck on a NUK 3 while driving home from work on shorter days closer to Winter. It was dark out and no one could possibly see me and my paci. It was relaxing to gently suck while driving. My Winter coat had lots of zipper pockets, one of which I'd hide it in before getting to the house. I kept it wrapped in a tissue inside the pocket and let it air dry before wrapping, and zipping it up in there. My situation with driving has changed, however, and I haven't had the opportunity to use a paci for nearly five years now.

~Pramrider

I used to got for quick burns on our quad, and occasionally, I'd bring a NUK along.

I was always worried someone would see me, but I figured, Hell! If someone comes close to seeing me, I'll just swallow it.

search for helmet with dark glass, or try this - my mode to do ti in the winter:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Imagen0622.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	51.9 KB 
ID:	5453

Quote Originally Posted by jimini View Post
    I used to got for quick burns on our quad, and occasionally, I'd bring a NUK along.

I was always worried someone would see me, but I figured, Hell! If someone comes close to seeing me, I'll just swallow it.
    you know thatd be hard to explain to the doctors why your colon is blocked because of a pacifier