Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: intertwined AB life and "grown-up" life

Default intertwined AB life and "grown-up" life

The title hopefully gives the gist, essentially do you consider "the AB" to be a part of you ((in the sense that you have a separation (lack of better words) between the little/baby part of you and the adult part of you)), or do you consider to be you (there isn't that separation between the two but they are intertwined with each other)?

The background, and what should help the question make a tiny bit more sense (...hopefully), stems mainly from tired thinking of a thing noticed within the ageplay communities on other sites. While it seems to be a minority, there seems to be some people (they admit it themselves) whom consider themselves to be say 8 (or 6 or whatever).Their personality, emotions, how they act, and so forth is that of the age they identify with. I would guess in settings they have to act to their chronological age, they do just that and pretend but I wouldn't know for sure.

A couple comments in the thread: http://www.adisc.org/forum/adult-bab...abdl-ness.html are what brought the curiosity of this within the AB/TB community. Is this something that is seen within our community as well, or do factors cause it to really not be...possible?

It would seem the likeness between AB and ageplay (correct me if wrong, but couldn't we boil AB culture/fetish down to basically ageplaying within a certain age range?) that there should be at least a few people. I was thinking maybe the age range makes it less so because it would be incredibly hard to stay 1 or 2. Further maybe that wide gap of abilities between the chronological age and the "real age" forces it to be buried. Or it makes to where their is a lack of time and place to stop pretending, causing it to not be realized?

Obviously I'm not in the group I'm guessing about, so its as mentioned guessing. It would be interesting to hear thoughts on this, especially if you consider yourself part of that group. Besides if you read this far, you have enough time to comment =P

This sounds very similar to this thread.... https://www.adisc.org/forum/adult-ba...ing-sides.html

But since i have not yet responded to that thread, i will respond to yours. My AB (or more accurately LB-Little Boy) age is usually between 6-8. It is actually separate from my DL side, which is more of a 'fetish' and not ageplay related. As far as intertwined... which one am i really? I guess i would have to say that i am 'really' a 25 year old, but i like acting like a little kid whenever i get the chance. It is not something that is just set aside for 'ageplay time'. I actually take my teddy to work every night. I act like a little kid around my friends and girlfriend (none of which know about my ABDL-ness). I play around at my second job with other employees like you would expect an elementary student to play tricks on friends. I actually volunteer as a children's worker at my church, just so i can 'play' during church. But i do have to be a real adult around the kids sometimes . But all in all my 'Little Side' is well represented in regular life, but when it boils down to it. I am an adult and i know when to make 'little me' behave.

PS> Your sig is awesome. That is one of my favorite shows and i have most episodes memorized.

If I'm understanding your question correctly, and I may not be as I am a bit tired, then I would argue that no person is 100% whatever age they are when they're little. Even if you wear diapers 24/7 and have a Mommy or Daddy that cares for you full time, a part of your chronological age is in there no matter how small it may be.

In keeping with that mindset, one of my personal pet peeves is when everything a person writes is in baby talk. I understand entirely wanting to be a baby so badly that you are unwilling to "break character" at any time, but when I have to sit and decipher an entire email because the person wants to spell like a two year old talks it gets a little crazy for me.

I'm sure that there are many people on this board, and on any other ageplay site that would argue that they ARE whatever age they play, but I think they've thought of themselves as that for so long that they've convinced themselves it's true. Maybe I'm just cynical, and I'm sure many people will disagree with my thoughts on this matter, but that's part of the fun.

P.S. Excellent topic! (I hope I didn't misread your question and make myself look like a jerk with my rambling)

Quote Originally Posted by DementiasKnight View Post
    If I'm understanding your question correctly, and I may not be as I am a bit tired, then I would argue that no person is 100% whatever age they are when they're little. Even if you wear diapers 24/7 and have a Mommy or Daddy that cares for you full time, a part of your chronological age is in there no matter how small it may be.
    That is the way i understood the question, too. (But i am also really tired) And i agree, unless there has been some sort of brain trauma or mental handicap, then a 16 year old is really 16 and a 40 year old is really 40. It is true that you do not have to act you age all the time. But you are who you are.

For me, it's two sides. Most of the time, I'm an adult with responsibility and a house and bla bla blah. Then there are times where I'm little and diapered.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote_Howl View Post
    do you consider "the AB" to be a part of you ((in the sense that you have a separation (lack of better words) between the little/baby part of you and the adult part of you)), or do you consider to be you (there isn't that separation between the two but they are intertwined with each other)?
    It's a bit hard to understand, but what it really seems like you are asking is if I have a seperate persona that I associate my infantalist characterstics with, instead of with my own self. I think this does depends on the individual.
    I've heard of this concept of seperation; "is your AB/DL side seperate from you", brought up more than once.
    I suppose in my case you could call this either an "entwining" or a "seperation" just how you perceive it, because still me, I just like to think of myself as a smaller version of me - as so it feels more like when you crawl on the floor.
    My ideaof this subject is that, in many cases, an AB/DL expressing his/her "age" is so that others understand how much responsibility they like to take when regressing. People who prefer to feel like a big baby may want more constant attention from a supposed caretaker than someone who wants to feel like a big kid.

Hi all,
    my babyboy is always with me and sometimes my emotions and reactions are far more bb's than they are my 56 year adult self. To give you an example, the other day I had 'talked' to my internet mummy as normal in the mornig, I won't bore you with the conversation as bb is about 2 so it wasn't scintillating. However bb is used to talking to mummy throught out the day and mummy looking after his needs. For various reasons the other day mummy couldn't get to her phone and when she could, couldn't get a signal, so by the time she spoke to bb he/I was a mess. I was frantic, I was in tears, I wanted my mummy and didn't know where she was or what had happened. Even though my adult side wa saying things like she's probably in a meeting or can't get a signal or her phone needs charging. BB was very much to the fore and in charge of my emotiions and reactions to the point that when mommy finally managed to get hold of me I wet my nappy with relief. So make from that what you will

My little age is about 7, but it flops about between like 3 and 13. I'll always SAY I'm 7 but sometimes there'll be a level of 'extra' regression, and I'll see myself as STILL being 7, but acting like a toddler. Sort of a Child Baby, I guess.

Anyway, I think I agree...being/playing an older age means I can spend more time 'little'. I guess because I can imagine a 7 year old running around alone in the house/outside, doing lotsa things grown-ups do... for me, getting little is about freedom (from responsibilities, mostly, but also in the sense of freedom from the trappings of 'being mature' (e.g. no wearing diapers, no eating with your hands, no talking to your stuffed nanimals...)), within safe boundaries. So I don't need to be controlled or told what to do to feel little, just have fun, and know my Mama/big bro is there if I need them. :>

I spend a lotta time feeling li'l IRL. It's an easy headspace to slip into, and it's a fun way to pass the time when you're bored.

Very interesting thread Coyote

Personally, I've been purposefully making a bit of a transition in this respect over the last couple of years.
    Originally, I kept my AB and adult "sides" rigidly separate. I felt like I couldn't risk having any cross-over between these sides, for fear I'd say or do something that could give things away somehow. And because I was living with my Mum (who knows I'm AB, but at the time wasn't at all comfortable with it), anything remotely AB was effectively limited to when I was in bed, so just sleep suits with no nappies or anything. I did occasionally wear dungarees around the house, but that was all I felt I could do.
    After I moved out and got my own place this separation continued, purely because after so many years it never occurred to me that things could be any other way. Until one night in my car...

I was pounding down a deeply frozen Autoroute in France in the wee small hours of new year's day a couple of years ago, on my way home from visiting family in the UK. I'd been on the road for 18 odd hours and was getting to that odd stage where, all alone in the dark, you start thinking about what might have been and what could be. And then a thought struck me...

In reality, AB and adult aren't really distinct "sides" in me. I still don't have a really adequate feeling definition for it, but basically I don't really "feel" like an adult a lot of the time, and when I do it's more like when you're little and you feel all "grown up" for some reason. Even that's not a good description really, it makes me sound very emotionally under-developed, which I don't think I am, but that's the best I can express it right now.

Anywho, I came to the realisation, I'd even describe it as a small personal epiphany of sorts, that the stiff separation I was enforcing on myself was sort of fragmenting me internally and making me fundamentally unhappy. Holding me back more generally even.

So since then I've made an effort to tear down a bit of that self-built internal wall. For instance outside of work I now wear Terry training pants pretty much all the time. I also dress more childishly as far as discreetly possibly (which is much easier in winter! ) and at home I wear things like dungarees pretty much exclusively.
    In day-to-day life, I try to be less withdrawn when it comes to expressing preferences that could be perceived as a little bit childish, for example saying that I like 'Toy Story' in a discussion about films.

I still keep a strong filter on what I say and do and how I dress in public, as I've no desire to be seen as immature or child-like in any respect, however I'm trying to be less... scared about the more childish aspects of my personality.

I'm not sure where this road will take me, but in the meantime I've definitely felt much more like... me, I guess, in the last couple of years

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote_Howl View Post
    there seems to be some people (they admit it themselves) whom consider themselves to be say 8 (or 6 or whatever).Their personality, emotions, how they act, and so forth is that of the age they identify with. I would guess in settings they have to act to their chronological age, they do just that and pretend but I wouldn't know for sure.
    yeah, people like that bug me, especially when everything they type is in baby talk. but in answer to your question, i don't feel like there are two distinct "sides" to my personality. the childish parts of my personality are always there, and they come through in the way i behave on a daily basis. that doesn't mean i don't act like a perfectly normal adult, though. if you think about it, it's not all that unusual for adults to have some childish mannerisms -- i'm sure plenty of people who aren't ABDLs do as well. just because your ABDL side comes though in your personality doesn't mean you have to talk baby-talk or suck on pacifiers in public or anything.