Thread: Real panic!

Default Real panic!

just found out my little bro has found stories,videos and pics relating to ab/dl on my laptop. Should I confront him?

If he hasn't said anything, than I would ignore it. He is probably more embarrassed to confront you than you are that he found them.

I agree with mchp. Don't confront him unless nessasary.

hes 18 so obviously understands what he has found I'm panicked

---------- Post added at 16:14 ---------- Previous post was at 16:13 ----------

i deleted the recent files list from his user account and blockdd him accessing my files

---------- Post added at 16:16 ---------- Previous post was at 16:14 ----------

i deleted the recent files list from his user account and blockdd him accessing my files

alu

best of waiting for him to confront you if he does at all ,how do you know hes seen these files

No, don't confront him. He's 18, so you don't have a duty to help him understand or accept what he's seen. He shouldn't have been snooping in the first place, and he's probably either embarrassed or sniggering over his 'secret'. If he wanted to discuss it, he would have. Just keep your stuff better hidden from now on.

Also for the future I recommend using a program such as "TrueCrypt". I use it as a place to keep all my private work/personal files (performance reports or sensitive communication, tax stuff, checkbook, passwords) so nobody can stumble into them if they borrow/steal the laptop, and so all I have to do is back up that one file.

its on recent items on my laptop under the username I let him use. Whisko is it free?

Supersam1223

Quote Originally Posted by scottishdude View Post
    its on recent items on my laptop under the username I let him use. Whisko is it free?
    Truecrypt is completely free.

Quote Originally Posted by scottishdude View Post
    TrueCrypt

There you go if you haven't found it already