Thread: Online gender therapists?

Default Online gender therapists?

Are there any "official" gender therapists online, that work for free, I might add? You know, like someone who works specially for teenagers who don't want to tell their parents at the moment? Because I just can't pull myself together to tell my parents just yet, not until I tell a therapist.

I don't think I'll be able to go to a therapist IRL and tell my parents I'm going because I have some issues I need to work out, because they'll want to know what issues I have in my laid-back life.

Are there any, or am I gonna have to tell my parents sooner than I hoped?

Your not going to find anything legit. you'll have to tell your parents something to get them to take your to one. If you really wanted to be sneaky you could wait, because some states allow 16 year olds to consent for therapy with a parent, but you would have to check your state laws. Even them money would be your issue. Just try to convince your parents you have something you need to deal with but don't want to tell them until you learn more about it and a therapist is the best way for you to learn more. That would be your best shot.

Thanks, I'll try that. But I'm only telling my mom, and beg her not to tell anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by baconbit View Post
    Your not going to find anything legit. you'll have to tell your parents something to get them to take your to one. If you really wanted to be sneaky you could wait, because some states allow 16 year olds to consent for therapy with a parent, but you would have to check your state laws. Even them money would be your issue. Just try to convince your parents you have something you need to deal with but don't want to tell them until you learn more about it and a therapist is the best way for you to learn more. That would be your best shot.
    Fully agreed. Though therapists don't need to inform your parents exactly what's going on, and won't always, they still need parental consent in addition to minor's assent. I doubt any therapist would ever give therapy over the internet in any case, consent or not. That's begging for problems of liability. And moreover, therapists have degrees that cost lots of money to acquire. They're not going to work for free unless they have a reason to do someone a favor.

You can get free counseling on the phone of course, and but nothing like what you're looking for.