Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ordering online scared me half to death :\

Default Ordering online scared me half to death :\

On Tuesday I had planed to order diapers from xpmedical and have them shipped across the street. The house is empty and owned by my Dad (Parents are divorced). So I figured that would be a good idea. Well, they came today. And while the fedex truck was trying to back down the long and narrow driveway both my sister and mother were watching. Anyway, the fedex guy called my phone to make sure that it was the right place. Lucky I was in my room when he called and no one herd me. However, as it turns out, my sister sent my dad a text asking if he had ordered anything. He said no and asked her to check it out. Then she came into my room and asked if I wanted to go on an adventure with her to see what it was. I then asked her to shut the door and told her that what came in the mail was for me, and that it was personal and I really was hopping to keep this to myself. After that she sent another text and told my dad that nothing was there. Which was very lucky of me, and I thanked her and insured her that it wasn't anything dangerous or illegal. Anyway, soon after my mom went out to eat and I ran over and grabbed the package. Unfortunately, my place of hiding wasn't big enough for two packs. So now I have one just under my bed, nothing is really concealing it except for a few thing in front of it.
    Right now I feel really sick, and am scared shitless. Far too many close calls for one day, hell I can't even think about putting one on now.
    Guess it was one hell of a first time. Can anyone relate?

Yow! Well, I can't related to that exact scenario, but I've certainly had my close calls. They are absolutely gut-wrenching, and can completely take the fun out of it. For a few hours, anyway.

Your sister was a lot nicer to you in this instance than mine probably would have been!

-LL

I can totally relate. Nothing as exciting. Kind of the opposite in fact. I order almost everything in my life online which includes all sorts of packages big and small. So while I was worried about my roommates wondering what I had ordered no one even asked and after that I noticed no one ever asks what I order no matter what it is. Still though on the day of the delivery I get a bit of the butterflies.

Well I certainly had considered this as a possibility but I had hopped that nothing would go amiss. Now I'm staring at the package listing to a friend of mine attempt to calm me while wondering what the hell I was thinking XD My biggest worry is that my face when the package arrived gave me away. I guess only time will tell.

Find a good hiding place fast! And be extra nice to your sister for being so cool about it!

I'm guessing you aren't going to be ordering online for a while now.

There has been a few times when I got diapers or ordered them - then came to realize my hiding place wasn't big enough. It is very very stressful indeed ;3. Honestly they aren't even really hidden anymore; just sitting under a pillow in my closet, it's completely visible around the pillow and I have a case in a book bag hanging in my closet, then again my mom knows that they are there.

It may take a while to get a new hiding space, Originally I was just gonna put them in a bag under my bed. I know, under the bad is usually a bad idea, but my family respects my privacy. My worry is the one that didn't fit in the bag. The packages were huge! And no, I won't be ordering for a while after this. I got 44 so it should last a long time anyway.

I actually have a huge purchase of bambino diapers on its way to my house this very moment! I also have an adult baby bottle nipple on it's way... Hopefully I can recover both items before my parents look inside the packages.

I haven't had a situation exactly like that, but I had a similar situation when it came to hiding them. After graduating college, I moved back into my parents house (their basement) for a couple of years. I got a PO Box for ordering things. (BTW, this might solve your problem of delivery next time. I'll come back to this at the end of this post).

I ordered online like you and also like you was expecting 2 packs in one box. When I got to the post office to get them, I actually had 2 cases (4 packs... 96 diapers!) First, they barely fit in my little sports car. Second, I had lived in this relatively small town for nearly my whole life so just about everyone knows me, and I was so afraid someone would see me and ask about the boxes... or worse yet, see my Mom or Dad later and mention they saw me at the post office!

Third, after I got them in the car and pulled away, where the bleep was I going to put them!? I might use 2 or 3 a week... maybe, but 96!? That's nearly a year's supply! I racked my brain for awhile on that one, but came up with a great solution. Luckily, I was an adult by this time, and happened to have a key to our church building. I was able to hide both cases in the attic of the church's garage! I tore or scratched any mention of my name or PO box off of the box, just in case someone stumbled on them. Then, I just took 1 of the packages out of one of the boxes home with me. When I ran out, I found a time to sneak another package out of the church's garage. It was a bit exciting for awhile there, but ended up working out quite well... and to this day, I swear I only ordered two packages, and I'm pretty sure I only paid for two. Oh well... LOL

...then there was the time Mom saw the PO Box key on my key ring. I hadn't even thought about that being a way to get caught! I don't remember what I told her, but she knew about my fetish by then, just not that I was indulging in it.

Anyway, on the subject of PO Boxes. You are 17, so I assume you can drive. If so, PO Boxes are a great way to receive things off of the net. They only cost about $35 for 6 months. You can even get the smallest, cheapest one they have, because if your package is too big to fit, they put it in a locker in the lobby and just put a key to open the locker in your box. You can even pay for it online, and as far as I know the only age limit is under 16 or maybe 18, you have to rent it in person at the Post Office. That's ok though, because you have to go there to get your key anyway. Another good thing about the PO Box, is that you can just go check it at your leisure. There's no worries about having to be home when the delivery comes or worry about someone else at your house receiving your package, etc. Also, as far as I know, the lobby of all Post Offices are open 24/7 for people to check their boxes. The desk won't be open all the time, but the PO Box area should be. This is especially good for me, since I work nights.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyJessi View Post
    Anyway, on the subject of PO Boxes. You are 17, so I assume you can drive. If so, PO Boxes are a great way to receive things off of the net. They only cost about $35 for 6 months. You can even get the smallest, cheapest one they have, because if your package is too big to fit, they put it in a locker in the lobby and just put a key to open the locker in your box. You can even pay for it online, and as far as I know the only age limit is under 16 or maybe 18, you have to rent it in person at the Post Office. That's ok though, because you have to go there to get your key anyway. Another good thing about the PO Box, is that you can just go check it at your leisure. There's no worries about having to be home when the delivery comes or worry about someone else at your house receiving your package, etc. Also, as far as I know, the lobby of all Post Offices are open 24/7 for people to check their boxes. The desk won't be open all the time, but the PO Box area should be. This is especially good for me, since I work nights.
    This actually helps me a lot! Although I don't have my license I'm within walking distance of my post office. I did at one point think about getting a PO box but the price to get one large enough to fit the packages I'd be receiving were way above my price range. I didn't know about the locker though, now that I know I can just the smallest one and still get them deliverer there is awesome! I may do that next time, assuming I don't get caught with my current stash. For some reason I thought they'd be like shoebox sized, I was quite wrong there. XD