Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Westboro Baptist Church to Protest Norway Massacre Funeral

Default Westboro Baptist Church to Protest Norway Massacre Funeral

Well, here we go again...

Westboro Baptist Church is travelling to Norway to protest at the funeral for those who died in the Norway massacre. I'm not sure how that's going to go for them, since they won't be allowed to protest for long. I can't see them getting any protection in Norway. Much for the same reason they don't get protection in Canada or the UK.

So it's not a surprise they are going up there to protest; disgusting cold hearted people in my opinion, but what does everyone think about it?

I don't usually even call them Westboro Baptist, because that is offensive to the great Baptist people i know and respect. They are putrid excuses for so-called Christians. Freedom of speech and all that jazz... but someone should also have the freedom to shove some boots up their <<<EXPLICIT LANGUAGE RANT HERE>>>. The part that makes me the most upset is the pictures of 8-13 year olds holding up their signs. It is hard to beat hate out of adults, but to be indoctrinating their children with it is just WRONG!!!!

Odl9791

Quote Originally Posted by Lobie View Post
    Well, here we go again...

Westboro Baptist Church is travelling to Norway to protest at the funeral for those who died in the Norway massacre. I'm not sure how that's going to go for them, since they won't be allowed to protest for long. I can't see them getting any protection in Norway. Much for the same reason they don't get protection in Canada or the UK.

So it's not a surprise they are going up there to protest; disgusting cold hearted people in my opinion, but what does everyone think about it?
    . I do tend to think these folk miss the point of the Gospel and Jesus's teachings. I can't help but think of Matthew 8:21-23 here.

Makes you wonder which signs they're going to use this time: God Hates Fags or I <3 Breivik!

It's too bad they don't go to some 3rd world country and end up having a lifelong stay in one of their luxurious penal systems.

I wonder how long they would keep their faith before they began tearing each others throats out should they be locked in a single room and fed sporadically?

Exactly, it's not so much that they have their opinions; so be it. Ok, you dislike gays, you say the bible hates homosexuality (which it does). But I don't feel that is any reason to go and protest against other people, but not only that; bringing your children into it as well? I can't agree with that.

I seen a few things that were a bit amusing a while ago (I can't find links any more, it was a while ago).

But it was like 1 page (7 or 8 verses) of what the bible says about homosexuality - leviticus (most famous), romans, and a few others.

Then it had 4 or 5 pages (30 some verses) that the bible says you should love everyone, or something that can be taken into that context.

+ I can't help but make the point that Leviticus also states that eating shell fish is wrong, you aren't supposed to be with a female who is on her period, wearing two types of cloth is wrong, etc.

Moses' laws had their time and place, I don't think I would say they exist anymore. If I'm not mistaken there is an area in the bible where Jesus said "Any man who follows moses' laws is a greater man than I." or something along these lines.

Then again I have never fully read the bible, or anything like this; nor am I religious at all, so I could misunderstand it all myself; Just what I think.

But I feel like WBC (who is supposed to apparently take the bible for word) is leaving out all of this information. Why not tell americans to repent from eating shell fish? Or that polyester and cotton shirts are sending them to hell. Protest seafood restaurants, or what not.

No matter how you look at it; Yes, WBC is stating things from the bible, there is no doubting this. The bible clearly states homosexuality is wrong in a few areas. But they leave so much more out, and that is why I have no credibility towards them (oh and them forcing their children to picket and not teaching them correctly). They say they don't take the bible out of context, but not preaching the whole bible and picking and choosing (to me is the same thing)...

They're banned from the UK, if I recall correctly, so how do they plan to protest?

Quote Originally Posted by Setsuya View Post
    They're banned from the UK, if I recall correctly, so how do they plan to protest?
    The funeral they're planning to protest at is in Norway. Though if the Norwegian government has any sense, they'll ban the WBC as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobie View Post
    they have their opinions; so be it. Ok, you dislike gays, you say the bible hates homosexuality (which it does).
    This too is a matter of opinion. It is no secret that I am a conservative, Bible believing Christian, but I have no hate in my heart for the BGLT community.

To quote my previous post on the matter

Quote Originally Posted by Khaymen View Post
    I see the war between the conservative Christian church and the LGBT communities as anti productive on both sides. I am a conservative Christian who does not agree with homosexuality, however disagreeing with someone doesn't mean that you cannot care about them. I've had gay friends that I care about and respect as people, that does not mean that I am bound to agree with their life choices. On the flip side of the argument, they did not agree with my theological stance, yet they saw no need to attack me or my beliefs.

I've seen threads come and go on issues such as this one. I kept silent many times because I know I am in a minority, and worse, a minority who has horrible people who take our message and twist it into propaganda for hate. As much as I value this support community, I feared being exiled should I dare be so honest as to say that I didn't agree with something.

Much has happened in my life recently and I simply cannot suppress who and what I am, be that a man who wears diapers under compulsion, or a minister of the Gospel of Christ. I can only hope that daring to express myself on such issues will not make me any less welcome here.
    But back to the issue of The Holy Bible, things that God Hates is a fairly short list. If I have missed something, and it does happen, I am open to correction, but what I know of scripture is this. These verses are from the NIV, and I believe the quote from Amos addresses the religion of folks like the Westboro group, who vandalize God's message.

Proverbs 6:16-19 There are six things the LORD hates, seven that are detestable to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked schemes, feet that are quick to rush into evil, a false witness who pours out lies and a man who stirs up dissension among brothers.

Isiah 61:8 For I, the LORD, love justice; I hate robbery and iniquity.

Amos 5:21-24 “I hate, I despise your religious feasts; I cannot stand your assemblies. Even though you bring me burnt offerings and grain offerings, I will not accept them. Though you bring choice fellowship offerings, I will have no regard for them. Away with the noise of your songs! I will not listen to the music of your harps. But let justice roll on like a river, righteousness like a never failing stream!

Zechariah 8:17 do not plot evil against your neighbor, and do not love to swear falsely. I hate all this,” declares the LORD

Malachi 2:16 “I hate divorce,” says the LORD God of Israel, “and I hate a man’s covering himself with violence as well as with his garment,” says the LORD Almighty. So guard yourself in your spirit, and do not break faith.

WBC are heartless, but they're also attention whores. They say they're going to protest to gain publicity but they don't always go through with it.