Thread: I'm going to be away a while...

Default I'm going to be away a while...

Regrettably I'm going to have to be an irregular presence here for a while. My mother rang last night: the doctors believe my father has lung cancer.

My father is not a well man. He has always had heart problems (he had surgery to fix a hole when it was very new, half a century ago; he had a pacemaker fitter a year ago), and he reacts badly to anaesthetics. The combination of these factors means it's unlikely he could take chemo or an operation. The fact that he and mum live abroad doesn't help: he has also been steadily losing his memory, and increasingly he gets confused and distressed in hospitals because he needs someone to speak English to when he wakes.

I think this is the beginning of the end, and as someone who is close to the fringes of autism, I'm not sure what to expect. But I want him to make a good end (however that pans out), so I'll be away with my parents quite a bit: unfortunately that means no Internet access.

Please pray for me. Big hugs to you all,

I'm really sorry to here it, I will definately ask my local church to pray for you.

stay strong man

I am so sorry for you and your family, BabyArtie. By all means, spend as much time as you can with your parents. If you need any advise, support, or just want to talk about how you are feeling, we will still be here for you. If there is anything you want to talk about in a more private setting, please feel free to send me a PM. I may not be able provide much help, but I am a pretty good listener if you just want to talk about how things are going. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Best wishes for a good outcome. Take care of yourself, and your Mother and Father.

You and your family are in my prayers Artie, and I hope everything goes well. Loosing someone close is never easy. Stay strong my friend, and everyone on this site, including myself, will always be here for you.

So sorry to hear the bad news. It's tough when life is drawing to an end, especially when it is a parent. I lost both of mine a number of years ago. It's never easy. You will be in my prayers.

My own father recently was diagnosed with Multiple sclerosis or (MS) and had a powerful surge of symptoms.. so I understand on some level what you are going through. I hope your family stays strong and pulls together, it worked wonders for my own father and it really is the best medicine. Believe everything will go well, encourage the idea that things will be alright, and help pull each other up when you fall. I wish you all the happiness in the world, and the best of news in the future. Until then, take all the time you need to deal with what is going on. Everyone here will understand and those that don't are meanies anyway.

I'm sorry to hear this. Go, be with the fam. Sending positive thoughts your way.

I'll be praying for your family. If you ever need to talk to anyone, send me a PM because I know what you're going through. I can also answer some of your questions... I hope everything goes fine.

I shall pray for you and your familia, bud.