Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi everyone

Default Hi everyone

I'm new here so sorry if this intro is odd but at this point i'm looking for support and some advise. I've been a DL for a long time even before i new what that was . I enjoy the feel and comfort diapers provide but i need to stop wearing them, can anyone point me towards a group or someone who has done this or at least tried? Again sorry for the odd intro.

Quote Originally Posted by stlwearing View Post
    I'm new here so sorry if this intro is odd but at this point i'm looking for support and some advise. I've been a DL for a long time even before i new what that was . I enjoy the feel and comfort diapers provide but i need to stop wearing them, can anyone point me towards a group or someone who has done this or at least tried? Again sorry for the odd intro.
    I don't think anyone has been able to give up ABDL long term that has had these feelings from childhood up (as most DLs have) so you may be out of luck there.
    I'm wondering why you think you need to give it up? I think you'd have a better time with a strategy to manage your desires, so you can indulge occasionally and secretly rather than aiming to give up completely.

I have to agree with riddle. As I've often said on this site, we didn't chose diapers, it chose us. If that's the case, then as riddle said, it's about managing it so that you rule it rather than the other way around. If your attraction to diapers is sexual, I think it will be very difficult to do without, in the same way that one would chose to do without sex. I suppose you could see a psychologist or even a psychiatrist, but most people have not been successful in eliminating the desire.

Thank You for your response, My interest did start at childhood from horrible abuse and i don't think it would be appropriate to post those details here. I had gone to 1 a week but now it's been 11 days without and i'm tempted. Every desire means i relive the abuse which has had a toll on every part of my life.

I think your better of seeking therapeutic help for moving on from your past and support with dealing with those demons, not trying to avoid the desires that were given to you from your traumatic events. In truth chances are when you engage in your dl activities it may be better for you, although i can't say for sure because I'm not you.
    Last edited by baconbit; 05-Aug-2011 at 04:09. Reason: post seconds before mine answered my question

Thank You for your response, My interest did start at childhood from horrible abuse and i don't think it would be appropriate to post those details here. I had gone to 1 a week but now it's been 11 days without and i'm tempted. Every desire means i relive the abuse which has had a toll on every part of my life.
    Ach- that's a obviously a very bad situation to be caught in.
    Am I correct in assuming you're an adult now? Have you spoken to anyone about your experiences? As far as I've heard in cases like yours it's better (if possible) to to seek some form of psycho-therapy or counselling to deal with the trauma from the abuse - I fear you'd be on a hiding to nothing trying to block out your compulsions towards diapers, and it wouldn't deal with the real issue.
    https://www.ncsfreedom.org/resources...-homepage.html

I guess I'm in the same boat. As many times as I have tried to quit wearing them It's extremely hard. I can go days but not weeks, and no matter how much I try to fight the urge, Every time I'm a store with diapers I have to at least make one pass down the aisle. Even if I don't buy any, I wanna see what choices they have.

Hi there,
    like you I suffered some horrible abuse as a child. Itlasted from as early as I can remember until my parents were killed in a car crash whne I was 13.
    I know that, that is where my ab tendinces started. But seriously giving up is going to be very hard. I have tried on several occasions and gone through long 'dry' (no pun intended - as I'm very rarely dry due to an IC problem) periods wher I have stayed away from everything ab related. I'm now 56 and still an ab!.

It doesn't sound as though you have talked a great deal about the abuse you suffered. I know it is difficult, but it does help even when it get's very painful. So my mail box is always open. if you need a sympathetic era or shoulder just mail me.

I appreciate the input and sorry if i darkened the mood at all, i'm at 12 days and holding. I'll try to explain what i'm talking about without being too graphic. I was about 8 when i started having allergic type uncontrollable IBS symptoms to certain foods and my mothers solution was to have my older sister hold me down while i was stripped naked and diapered then locked out of the house only wearing a diaper so quote "everyone could see what a baby i was". After that the beatings started mostly outside where again "everyone could see", there are days when a diaper is the only stress relief i have but they also continue the cycle of abuse and i've had therapy which most of them wanted to involve my mother to talk about it, ummm no. I'm ok and i don't let it control me too much and i do love the feel of them. PCBaby thanks for the offer i'll keep it in mind and i agree with Luved seeing diapers in a store makes me real excited.

I appreciate the input and sorry if i darkened the mood at all, i'm at 12 days and holding. I'll try to explain what i'm talking about without being too graphic. I was about 8 when i started having allergic type uncontrollable IBS symptoms to certain foods and my mothers solution was to have my older sister hold me down while i was stripped naked and diapered then locked out of the house only wearing a diaper so quote "everyone could see what a baby i was". After that the beatings started mostly outside where again "everyone could see", there are days when a diaper is the only stress relief i have but they also continue the cycle of abuse and i've had therapy which most of them wanted to involve my mother to talk about it, ummm no. I'm ok and i don't let it control me too much and i do love the feel of them. PCBaby thanks for the offer i'll keep it in mind and i agree with Luved seeing diapers in a store makes me real excited.
    You need to try different kinds of therapy. There are many kinds. I know for a fact there is one for moving beyond your past without involving those who hurt you. I can tell you even if you manage to get rid of your desire for diapers, it will never get ride of your trauma, and may make it effect you in worse ways.