Thread: Thanks, Adisc! :D

Miku

Red face Thanks, Adisc! :D

I had $26 recently and decided to walk almost 2 miles down to a CVS to get some goodnites and depends. Now, I know there's better products, but this is kinda the best i can get in my area :/

Anyway, I was so nervous, my legs were shaking, I could tell my face was red.. I just grabbed what I wanted, and went to the cashier, I just kept telling myself in my head over and over one thing that I've heard on here so many times: The cashier doesn't care what you're buying; and that's true! The cashier looked to be in her maybe mid-late 20s and she just smiled and asked if I wanted them bagged, which I said yes to, and she said have a nice day.

That one piece of advice helped me so much.. So, Adisc, I thank you! :3

Congratulations, Miku! These are your first diapers, then?

I wish I'd gotten that bit of advice about cashiers when I was your age! I must have had half a dozen excuses ready, and even ended up buying girl diapers to conceal the fact that they were for me (a boy). Of course, like you, I breezed through and felt silly for having worried so much.

Feels good to get that first purchase out of the way!

It's so true, the first time I bought diapers on my own I went past them and bought something else but then came back said 'Forgot these' he just said 'at least you remembered now' smiled and bagged them for me. Then when I went out to a bigger store I bought larger sizes and some drynites. The cashier was a women in her early 20's and just said said 'do you want a bag'. Even though I've bought soany diapers since then I still get shaky :L

Miku

Quote Originally Posted by LilLeaker View Post
    Congratulations, Miku! These are your first diapers, then?

I wish I'd gotten that bit of advice about cashiers when I was your age! I must have had half a dozen excuses ready, and even ended up buying girl diapers to conceal the fact that they were for me (a boy). Of course, like you, I breezed through and felt silly for having worried so much.

Feels good to get that first purchase out of the way!
    Nah I've bought em before, I just still get nervous lol

Once again ADISC leads another of its young members to the diaper aisle. I wish I had your bravery when I was your age. I would have been in so much bliss. But alas....there was no such thing as the internet, and the support which it has supplied.

Cashiers usually aren't fazed by people buy diapers. It when you buy beer, condoms, and a stop is when they'll give you an interesting expression. The
    The older folk tend to be a lot more sympathetic when people buy youth and adult diapers. When I used to buy adult diapers in store, they always offer you a bag or something to conceal them. There very sweet about it too.

alu

Grats on getting diapers ,i cant thank the helpfull people of adisc enougth, good job.

I remember my first diaper buying adventure. I actually walked around a Walgreens store for an hour before I picked up the bag and brought it to the cashier. The lady was in her 60s and I was still nervous. I think its the knowing that your buying for yourself for other than need that gets us nervous. The cashiers don't know that. I'm still kind of nervous today.

I only had one time where the cashier kind of made it embarrassing. But it wasn't their fault. I picked up some Walgreen's Briefs because they were on clearance for $5.50.

Well, I guess that they didn't update the price on their system and it rang up for the regular price of $10.99. I wasn't nervous at first cause I was the only person in line. I told them that they were on clearance for $5.50 and she called the manager and asked him to do a price check.
    He came back saying it was $10.99. He just ran it from his PDA. By this time 3 people were in line behind me. Well he went to the section where the diapers usually are and they are marked regulary over there as he said when he got back.
    Now 6-8 people behind me. I wanted to say forget it! Instead I said I can show you where they are. Well I walked him to where the clearance items were and low and behold... a $5.50 price tag that said Walgreen's Briefs.
    Then we started walking back up and now there were 12 people at least as the cashier went to the other register to start checking people out. I heard and seen the snickering from the college kids. Then the manager finally gives me the price and I pay and leave from the store.

As embarrassing as it was, I didn't sweat bullets like I used to. I finally figure that "I" don't care, because its not that high of a chance to see them again. Even if we did, we both probably won't remember each other.

Sent from my T-Mobile G1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    Once again ADISC leads another of its young members to the diaper aisle.
    Aren't we the best? We need a theme song!

*steals Kroger tune* Right site! Right advice! Oh-oh-oh-h, always on the 'puter, always real nice!

Well, maybe not.

But, still, congratulations on your new diapers! It's true that there are better diapers out there, but there's nothing like those first packs. Again, congratulations!

WarrenW

First time I bought diapers I was so scared and nervous I wished I had them on!