Thread: New use for (Dyson) hand dryers

Default New use for (Dyson) hand dryers

Beta and I were at a restaurant a couple days ago following a several hour long journey. I was padded (driving for hours, figured why not), but she wasn't. Unfortunately I let a bit of naivety slip and wet a little more than I should have after a few refills of soda.

Yup..felt the (relatively small) half moons. Thinking on my feet I figured I should go to the bathroom and check on the damage. Luckily it was a single stall bathroom so I could lock the door. Check my backside in the mirror...yup there they were. So I started thinking of options of how to handle this. I saw toilet paper to dry the spots as I didn't see a paper towel holder on the wall.

Thinking that as odd I noticed this silvery box on the wall. It was a Dyson hand drier, I never knew they made these!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20110802_193625.jpg 
Views:	2126 
Size:	207.5 KB 
ID:	5352

Unlike regular hand driers that just have a "spout" of drying air this was like a "layer" (kind of like a force field at the top) of drying air that you just pulled your hands through. It did a bit more drying, but it mostly just "pushing" the water off. Pretty neat stuff.

Then I had this radical idea . This could work as a pants drier.

So I took my change diaper out of my pocket and started cycling it through the Dyson and after like a minute or two it was good as new.

Thank you could have another marketable product here .

Has anyone else comp up with "on the fly" solutions to handle unexpected diaper mishaps or leaks?

I've been lucky enough to never wet enough to leak, but if I was to leak I probably would do something like you did. Good job at thinking on your feet.

Nope never leaked in public, but i've seen those hand dryers at the H.E.B in my town, they are pertty kewl ........... for hand dryers :p

I usually wear blue jeans which don't show those tell-tale wet spots very well. I've had small leaks in public but the material is dark enough that it doesn't show up unless you were really closely looking for it.

I have leaked in public twice, I used a hand dryer as well actually :3 They work quite well, so It' great that it is here; glad all the single stall bathrooms have them in it here.

I don't like those hand dryers, I think they are gonna eat my hands.

You know, I have NEVER seen those before where I live. At least, not yet. Most hand-dryers I've seen are the old-school ones that emit air after you press one. But man, that is an ingenious idea to come up with in a bad situation after a diaper leak. lol.

Then again, I don't go to a lot of fast-food places, or any of their kind much or even use public bathrooms much unless I have to.

Hehe those hand dryers make all the skin on my grandad's hand ripple and move, it's funny!