Thread: Idaho man in bunny suit

Default Idaho man in bunny suit

I thought people here might be interested in this article:

Idaho police tell man to stop wearing bunny suit - Yahoo! News

I think people might be overreacting a bit unless he is really being too aggressive towards children.

very interesting. I think that his 'terrorizing' is the concerning part.

"Police warned Idaho Falls resident William Falkingham after a woman said she saw him dressed in the costume, peeking at her young son from behind a tree and pointing his finger like a gun, according to a police report."

In the times we live in now, you don't know if he's just kidding or if he's intending to actually hurt someone. While he might not, nowadays we're extremely paranoid. so...overreacting,definitely but I think it's for the right reason.

....kind of wish they'd show the bunny suit...just to see how intimidating (or not) it looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Article
    Police warned Idaho Falls resident William Falkingham after a woman said she saw him dressed in the costume, peeking at her young son from behind a tree and pointing his finger like a gun, according to a police report.
    This would frighten me even now, or at least make me feel extremely uncomfortable... That there (if it is true) is odd; and the police had every right to intervene. However to tell him to stop wearing it entirely is not what I would expect.

Quote Originally Posted by Article
    Neighbor Deborah Colson defended Falkingham in a telephone interview with Reuters, saying he has an eccentric but otherwise harmless habit of dressing up in costume and making appearances on his own property.
    Sounds to me that there are possibly stretched truths / made up pieces (possibly from both sides of the story)

Quote Originally Posted by Lobie View Post
    Sounds to me that there are possibly stretched truths / made up pieces (possibly from both sides of the story)
    Yes, I would imagine that they want to discredit any adult that likes to wear a bunny suit within view of the public but I expect that the whole story isn't being told here. He may have just been trying to be fun and not scary but people get so turned off by anything out of the norm that the media is bound to report it negatively regardless of what actually happened. On the other hand, he could be a total creep.

I think it has more to do with the fact that he was looking at a kid and pointing at him than the fact that he was dressed like a bunny. Granted, the bunny suit makes it all the more disturbing, but I'm sure that it's only amplifying any creepy behavior and they put emphasis on the suit for shock value. (Oh, Yahoo! news...) My opinions on this are mixed, because I'm all for wearing what you want to in public, but I also know that we have to live with the moral codes of public behavior when we're around other people. And since this is a small town we're talking about and not a place like San Francisco, their morals are more likely to be more strict towards 'normalcy'.

The article didn't show a picture of the bunny suit, so I can't really have a concrete opinion on the matter.There is a huge difference between an Easter Bunny suit and a Playboy Bunny suit, so until I have less vague information, I cannot and will not judge this man or the community he lives in. However...

If he is really frightening children on purpose like the reports imply, there might be more of a problem than his fashion choices.